Prologue

I have so many different story ideas going around in my head right now it's ridiculous. But, this was one that wouldn't leave me alone before I could update another with my limited time. I really hope you Vampire Diaries lovers like this one...

Do not copy my work please. Olivia is of my own creation and she is copyrighted to me.

Olivia Gilbert, the twin sister of Elena Gilbert has a secret. One that began one month before the crash that killed her parents and nearly drowned her sister. This secret isbig,if it got out, she was dead. And this secret ... she was a vampire ...

This is a Stefan/OC and Elena/Damon fanfic.

The Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | Prologue

Dear Diary,

I'm so sorry for not writing to you sooner diary but so many things have happened since that day, there are just too many to count. I've turned into a monster, something I wished I had never become - something that I hadn't even known existed until that day. If it wasn't for Lexi, I wouldn't even have the little control I have now ... all of my family would have been dead the second I was given the invite to come in.

It's been so hard you cannot even imagine diary, the thirst for blood grows every day and it's lucky that the mini fridge hidden in my closet had a couple of blood bags still in it. I needed to keep them hidden because if anyone found them out; I honestly wouldn't know what to say. Yes, I can compel people, but I don't want to and don't like to. I would beriddingmy friends and family of their free will - I couldn't do that, and I simply just don't want to.

These heightened emotions of mine were challenged a couple of months ago, my parents died and Elena, my other half was nearly killed also. If it wasn't for a mysterious miracle that pulled her out of the car, I would have lost her too. But Jeremy has taken the brunt of the hit, he's hardly ever the same anymore - he's begun to do drugs and drink copious amounts of alcohol and it's something that beginning to scare me. We used to have a close relationship as I've already said many times in my other entries, but now, it looks like it's been severed for what looks to be for good.

Because of becoming a vampire, my life is literally on hold. I don't age and this is something that depresses me greatly - I can't have children, something I have wanted in my future but I can no longer have. I'll have to watch my family grow old and in a couple of years, I might even have to fake my death so no one can figure out why I'm not aging. I just feel sad all the time, I feel like I'm never going to be okay - why can't I just be happy ... and human?

I don't really know how I became a vampire, all I remember is someone coming up behind me and then a blinding pain in my neck. The last thing I vaguely remember was something covering my mouth, a thick liquid running down my throat before everything went dark. I woke up in the middle of analley waywith a thirst for blood in my throat - the chef coming out to have a smoke was my first and luckily my only victim.

The guilt was another thing weighing heavily on my shoulders. It just keeps getting stronger and stronger as time goes by. And another thing that bugs me too is my daylight ring; I found it on my finger the moment I woke up. I obviously didn't know what it's purpose was until Lexi realized what it was. She didn't have a clue as to who might have given it me either. It's just very puzzling.

Today is the first day of school and I'm freaking out, there are going to be so many people walking around near me that it's going to be nearly impossible to keep my fangs in and hidden. I've been lucky that before the summer vacation, I had been on a school trip of some sorts to Chicago for co-op, this was where I had become a vampire and met Lexi. Lexi had compelled everyone to think I was there when really, I was with her trying to control my lust for blood the whole time. It was the only sure way to help me through this difficult time. We still talk to each other on the phone but it has been over a week since our last conversation. She had met someone, a guy, and they were going on a romantic vacation together up north.

So diary, today is going to be the first day of really being around people - before today I had pretty much stayed cooped up in my room or going to places that didn't have such a high body count, or I would only go out to get some more blood from the hospital.UnfortunatelyI do have to compel the guards when I do that, it's the only thing I really know how to do or feel at least a little comfortable doing.

Everyone is going to ask how I'm doing and I'll say I'm fine, but of course I'll be lying through my teeth. But I'll try. I'll try for my little brother and I'll try for my twin who's been through a near death experience. Although I had been in a true death experience that I can never talk about, I've had more time to come to terms with it - she hasn't. I'm going to be there for them while still trying to keep this deadly secret to myself.

I'll talk to you soon dairy...

Olivia.

Let me know what you think, should I continue? For those of you who have read my other Vampire Diariesdis-continuedstory, I am sort-of using the same character but this Olivia will be different than the other.