Past Part 17

PAST

She stared at the hooded figures trying to get a glimpse of all the faces, to see if she recognized anyone. She couldn't the only thing she knew was that she was caught. The two guys came from behind her and hauled her to the middle of the crowd. 

"We have a guest among us. How nice for Malfoy's family to join us..." Karkaroff snickered a few feet from her. The  crowd stared at her and she could make out the blonde hair that leaked out of one of the hooded and masked figures. Draco stepped forward and sneered at her, "What in the world are you doing here?!" "I just.. came.. I didn't know where you were..." she stammered completely shocked that she had put herself in this position. "Raco, please let her go. She will not say a word to any soul," Draco sucked up to Karkaroff and Hermione's face squinted in disgust. "But where is the fun in that Draco? Where does your alliance lie? With me or her?" he asked. "Of course you! but she is carrying my heir, let her go for that purpose." Draco asked gently. "Fine, I'll let her go." Karkaroff shoved her to the ground.

She shrieked in pain, as her stomach hit the ground. Draco wanted to rush to her aid, but he wasn't in the position to defy Karkaroff. She wasn't able to hear the what the voices in the background were saying but before she knew it, she was in Draco's arms as he carried her to the emergency room. What Hermione didn't know as she went into labor, was the risk Draco had taken.

Draco was allowed to leave the circle and aid Hermione only and only if he were to severe all ties with her.  So after today, he won't be allowed to stay with her, and he had to break with her...

The nurse came out with the baby, or rather babies... Hermione had twins...! Draco was shocked as he stood with baby number one, and baby number two was sitting in the nurses hand. How was he going to break up with her? How was he supposed to tell her with out harming her future. He waited in the room while the nurses took the babies back to the stations.

Hermione had delivered two healthy babies, natural birth and was slowly coming around. She was magically healed and ready to go home. Even though she delivered the baby, she still had a big tummy, which would continue to lessen as the month went along. The nurses, after finishing their labeling process finally bought both babies back to the room.  Draco decided to wait till they got home that day to bring it up.

A gorgeous baby boy and a gorgeous baby girl. Blonde hair on both their heads and eyes warm brown. They were a perfect blend between Hermione and Draco. No one would deny the resemblance. Hermione was lost in happiness to remember the events of the night, and Draco was lost momentarily looking at his family. He had planned to ask her to marry him the moment the baby was born. Or rather Babies were born, but here he was having to do what Karkaroff wanted.

Nothing was ready for the arrival of two babies, and the stupid doctor could have told them about this surprise at least and of course they were allotted a week's time to come up with the names for the children. "Who would have though! Two of them and luckily even though they were premature... they bout where advanced in their development to call it an almost normal birth!" A tired Hermione ranted thoroughly exuberant about the children. She feed them and laid them in her bed before turning to face Draco. "We need to get their cribs... more diapers..." she started ranting before catching his face.

"Draco...? If it's about tonight... I'm sorry. I was just curious and I had to know what was going on... I didn't.. I'm sorry." She apologized. "No, it's not your fault. I .. the babies... It was my fault. I should have first and foremost told you everything. Next, tonight.. if this hadn't happened... you would have carried full term. If it wasn't for tonight.." He started getting ready to tell her that he had to leave them all. "Draco. leave it. Forget it... right now, we need to figure out names and What about Avery and Victorie ?" Hermione continued still uncharacteristically energetic. It must be the hormones finally released because Draco exploded, "I don't know Hermione. But.. this.. this.. I can't. I can't be with you. I'm sorry I can't.  If it wasn't for tonight... everything could have been different but I can't. I can't do this... Hermione.." he started, before Hermione realized what was happening.

"You can't be with me? With our children...? but but.. i thought.. " The tears exploded, Draco crashed his head in his hands trying to make sure she couldn't see his tears. With that Hermione pulled out the one carrier they had bought for the baby. She placed her daughter in the bassinet and carried her son in her hand. She left without a word. Draco rushed after her but paused near the door, he couldn't go after her, he couldn't blow off his duty.

Six months later

Hermione was in her house again with her kids. Avery Kris Granger and Robyn Krisha Granger.  Hermione started hating Draco, and went about her life like normal. She was off on maternity leave so far, and today she had to go back to work. Ginny had taken to staying at home to take care of James, who was born only a day after Avery and Robyn. Hermione was leaving both of her babies with her and Mrs. Weasly for the day until she figured out a way to change her role in the Ministry.  She didn't want to leave her children alone and she definitely didn't want to work where HE did.

Harry had taken to hating Draco as well, and everyone now knew Draco to be on the wrong side. Hermione entered the Ministry and went straight to her department. She talked with everyone and decided to take the back role where she's be writing reports up from home for another 6 months or so. 

On leaving the Ministry Hermione crashed into Victor Krum. "Hermione! How vounderful it is running into you. I heard that you vere with Malfoy.." he stated with a bit of a frown. "Hello, and I was.. not anymore though. How have you been?" She hated thinking about Draco. "Very well actually, I am here with some business and I vould love to catch up with you, but I have to make a run.. Will you meet me say, tomorrow in London?" he gleamed at her. " I vould love to, but I have my children to take care off, but you are more than welcome to stop by at my place." She invited him for old time sake, but didn't expect him to take the offer.... oh was she wrong. "Certainly, and children? Sorry, but of courzee I had read in the paper as baby. Plural?" He said confused. "Umm, yes they are twins... you know how the paper is.." she said hating the direction of the conversation. "Didn't mean to offend you Mione. But I would love to come by, you reside..?" he began. She gave him the address and left to Ginny's to pick up her kids.

Little did she know that Krum knew everything... and he definitely had a agenda of his own.

__________________

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE READ AND SUPPORTED THIS STORY! PLEASE DO RECOMMEND IT TO YOUR FELLOW FRIENDS AND WATTPADERS. AND OF COURSE HIT VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW. THANK YOU GUYS ONCE AGAIN!