Past Part 7

Back to the past after coming home from Knockturn Alley

Hermione went home that night feeling confused. She woke up the next morning and owled Krum in regard to their pending date. By the time she was done with her shower, Krum had responded back, They'd be having dinner at 7 in London at the Lil Firenze, a unique little restaurant.

Hermione trotted to work, expecting to catch a glimpse of  Malfoy, or rather Draco. He had told her he preferred being called Draco. It was so hard to change the idea in her head. 10 years of calling him Malfoy, and now suddenly he is Draco? She didn't see him, even when she passed his office. Sometimes she went by to see Harry, and would see Draco as well, but today he wasn't there at all. She went about her day, and changed into her evening clothes before apparating to Lil Firenze.

She stood in a red dress, expecting to be waiting for him for a while. She had arrived quite early, but he was already there.

"Hermione." he smiled at her as he handed her a bouquet of flowers. He was always sweet to her, and despite all the screaming fans he had, he chose her companionship. They were sat down and Hermione couldn't help but think about the kiss that they had shared in fourth year. He had been so scared to even talk to her, and to kiss her , it must have taken him a lot of courage. Of course he was still playing Quidditch with the National Bulgarian Team. He was still well know, but now at 24, he wasn't regarded as the youngest player. Oh, and he had learned how to say her name correctly now. They used to spend so much time trying to get him to pronounce her name right.

Why had Hermione, let him take her out? She had to make sure she was still sane, especially after the kiss Draco and her had shared.

Regardless of being in a relationship with Ron, she was still a virgin and the kiss with Draco... definitely would have been one of those kisses that lead to everything else. 

The night continued just as planned. They enjoyed their dinner and took a nightwalk in London before they kissed. This time, the kiss was different. Last time it had been a peck, but this one was deeper. She held his arms through the night, and she invited him for lunch a week later. She got home, instead of thinking about Viktor, she was thinking about Draco.

He had told her that they need to go home, because they both had work the next day. Why would he say that but not show up to work she wondered.

The week continued and still no sign of Draco. She actually made it a point on Friday to actually visit Harry, and see if she could see Draco. Still no sign. He was gone for a week! Hermione asked Harry that weekend, after she came back from shopping with Ginny.

"Harry, there's something I need to ask you about. Where is D--Malfoy?" She asked him.

"I guess just busy with work. Hermione you know, I can't let you know about Aurors' work." Harry told her as he folded his newspaper. "I know, but I had run into him Sunday, and he mentioned that he was going to be at work on Monday. He wasn't and now he's been gone for the whole week." She replied, not sure what else to tell him to make him listen. She was not feeling right about anything at all.

"I'm sure, he's capable of handling himself. We don't have anything to worry about." he said.

"Can you just find out whether he is supposed to be in the office this week?" she asked him one last time before giving up. "Fine." he said and they conversation never turned back to Draco.

Of course, Hermione wasn't done with her curiosity. She snooped in old newspapers, to find out where Draco was living right now. The papers still intruded his life every now and then. He was not living at the Manor anymore. She got photo clues about his where about. She figured out the neighborhood he lived and she just had to figure out which of the 10 houses was his. She figured it had to be the one that was most rich looking and tidy looking one.

Which meant it had to be house number 3, which stood very gleaming in comparison to the rest, and sure enough the house was called. Malfoy Cottage. Cottage, this looked more larger than that. She walked in slowly not sure whether to proceed. She inched closer to the house. She found several letters on the porch, guess someone wasn't checking their mail. It was as she thought. He wasn't at work nor at home. She was about to leave when she heard a moan.  She went around the house following the sound, till she found the doors that lead into the ground. It was locked. She cast Alohamora, and walked down slowly with her wand lit. Her jaw dropped in shock. It was Draco, he was bloodied up and half alive on floor, and his wand missing. She ran to him, "Draco!" she yelled as he kept coming in and out of consciousness. "Water.." he barely whispered...

__________________

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE READ AND SUPPORTED THIS STORY! PLEASE DO RECOMMEND IT TO YOUR FELLOW FRIENDS AND WATTPADERS. AND OF COURSE HIT VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW. THANK YOU GUYS ONCE AGAIN!