Past Part 12

PAST

"Well... come on tell me?" Ginny urged. "I am going out with Draco..." I quietly whispered. "What!!" Ginny screamed in shock and Harry who was in the living room, heard her screaming. "What happened?!" Harry's panicked voice carried into the kitchen... "She's going out with Malfoy!" Ginny screamed at the top of her lungs. "What?! That's unexpected..." Harry said surprised, but not with a rage that Ginny had. He made his way into the kitchen. "I guess, the word is Congratulations, Ginny..." He said to her as she stood fuming. "No, not if it's with Malfoy. Since when and why are you the least surprised?" Ginny eyed Harry curiously. "He's changed, and I'm not surprised. It's very possible this whole thing between Hermione and Draco back in school was merely what to say... a opposites attract thing." he smiled supporting Hermione as she smiled in relief and hugged him. "Well. I don't know Hermione. I'm your best friend and I'm happy if your happy. But I tell you.. if he ever.. does anything... anything you hear me.. I will personally send him to Hell." Ginny finally accepted the situation and the night continued smoothly with a few questions about how everything took place. Hermione left out the part about him being injured, and said that they kept running into each other, and that they went on a couple dates in the evenings.  Of course there was a even bigger gasp from Ginny as Hermione shared that she'll be moving in with him the coming week. Harry took everything peacefully, to everyone's surprise. The night continued on wedding details.

Her week went smooth from henceforth. Monday: Work, Dinner with Draco, Tues: Work, Home with Draco, Wed: Work, At her house with Draco, Thur: Work, At her house with Draco, Friday: Work, Work, Dinner with Draco, At her house with Draco. Sat...

Saturday. Move-in Day.
The past week, Draco arrived at her house, helping her with the packing. She owned this house, and cleared all her furniture into a storage holding, just to keep strays away. She settled herself in the room adjacent to Draco's and shifted all her belongings in. Hermione had bought her bed into this house though, and Draco gladly moved the guest bed out. Everything was so fast yet so normal. Before they knew it, the wizarding world had caught on. There were photographers waiting outside his house on move-in day.

Sunday. Mothers Day
With news spreading fast, Draco's mother stormed to the house. "You could have told me!" she screamed at a shirtless Draco, completely ignoring the half dressed Hermione who was scampering upstairs to change. She was in his long white shirts which barely cover her butt, luckily she still had her bra and panties on. She had woke up, and threw her clothes on and wandered down to make some tea. He had followed her in his boxers a few minutes later. He lifter her up and sat her on the counter talking to her while playing with her wild hair, when the door bell rang. Hermione heard the shrill voice at the door and ran up the stairs, knowing who it was. She'd heard his mom's voice before and this was not the way she wanted to present herself.

Draco invited her in to sit and tried to calm her down, while Hermione slipped on a simple summer dress over her head. She grabbed the closest hair tie and ransacked her hair into a pony and made her way down nervously. "What would you have liked me to tell you? that I'm with a Mudblood?" he hissed at her. "Well, you should have known better and really Draco? Not tell me anything? Let me find out from the papers!" she exclaimed. "It's nothing serious mother! Please stop..." he continued. Hermione stood frozen on the staircase, hearing Draco call her a Mudblood. Maybe he hadn't changed, she ran upstairs shedding a couple of tears. She felt betrayed and vulnerable as she lay crying in her room. She lay in her bed which had remained untouched since her arrival. She was with him in his week all weekend. Maybe that was it. He just wanted her for the sex.

Draco had caught Hermione running upstairs and groaned to himself. He excused himself from his mother's presence and made his way upstairs to find her. "Hermione?" he called cautiously, as he stood outside her room. She lifted her head from the bed to reach for her wand as she slammed the door in  his face and locked it. Draco simply reached for his wand, "Alohamora." he said and went and joined her on the red bed sheets. "Please come down stairs. She would like to meet you." he whispered trying to touch her. She stiffened at his touch and shrugged him off, "I'll be moving out by the end of the day. There is no need for you to present any mudblood to your mother." she whispered, her eyes full of blaze.

"Hermione, it was just something I said. You know I never meant it. I always had been expected to bring home pure bloods, which is another reason why I hadn't let her know. I had to tell her why I didn't even let her know of us. Please can we talk about this. There is no need for you to move out anywhere." He pleased with her, knowing yelling would get him no where with her stubbornness. "And of course, I'm nothing serious either way," she said as she referred to what she had heard earlier. "No, it's just what I had to say to her... I don't want to deal with her right now..." he fumbled over his word  not knowing how to tell her he was saying everything to just put his mother off, "Please come down, I l... I need you to understand me. After she leaves, we must talk." he pleaded and Hermione was now drying her tears and pulling herself together. "Fine." she bounced of the bed, avoiding his touch.

"Hello." Draco's mother stated as she maintained a straight face. "Hello Mrs. Malfoy." Hermione said but refrained for giving her hand to her, for she was sure she would not want to touch her. They stood awkwardly in a long pause before Draco volunteered himself to get tea for them. Hermione cursed Draco in the back of her mind as both woman sat facing each other in the living room. "You can call me Narcissa." she held a half smile which surprised Hermione. "But.." Hermione started before holding her tongue, she almost asked her why say that if you hate me. She must have understood the expression on Hermione's face because she responded to the question she pushed to the back of her mind. "But what? I am not like his father. I do not stress the idea of Purebloods, but of course society implements the idea on my family lineage." She said as she scooted closer to her. "I saw you running back up the stairs as well... Don't think Draco actually cares about being a Pureblood..." she continued as Draco reentered the room. He gave his mother a cup of tea and took some tea for himself, knowing that Hermione was already done with her drink for the morning.

"I'd like to invite you both to my house next week for tea, and Draco you can call Blaise and his girlfriend over as well." she said, no rather commanded as she sipped her tea. "We'll let you know soon Mother." he responded dutifully. "Oh, and Karkaroff came over yesterday, and he wasn't happy that you..." his mother started before Draco cut her off. "Karkaroff is never happy with anything in his life..." he said something random and eyed his mother sideways letting her know to be quiet. Hermione caught the drift of things and her anger from the morning doubled and she spent the next 10 minutes lifelessly talking about how both of them had gotten together. They both carried the lie that they went out over the past three weeks instead of healing Draco. "It's too early in the morning Mother, we can visit you later in the evening if you'd like." Draco said reaching to take her empty cup. "Nothing of that sort! I need to be out with Victoria's birthday ball." she said knowing it was her invite to leave their place. She stood up and hugged Hermione and kissed Draco on the cheek before leaving.

As soon as she left, the storm began. Hermione was furious. Not because of the early event, but because he purposefully held secret from her. "I would like to know. Why in the bloody world is Karkaroff in your life? Why hide it from me when we are in a relationship?" she yelled at him walking herself to the kitchen where the bright light poured in through the multiple windows. "I just don't want you to have to deal with whatever I am going through. I know how you are, you'll get yourself involved..." he told her as he creased the tablecloth on the brunch table. "Like I'm not already a part of your life? Fine Draco we can keep it like that." She was crying now as see walked herself up to her room. She started stuffing all her clothes into her suitcase getting ready to leave. Draco followed her up stairs and sat on her bed observing her reaction before telling her.

"What would you like to know?" he whispered as she paused and joined him on the bed. "What are you involved with? I want to know it all!" she said. "Obviously, the Dark Lord is gone. One of the few people left of the death eaters are either rotting away, in prison, and some are free under the name of being clean now. Karkaroff, was scared about his return in fourth year and there was only on reason he feared him. Karkaroff had his own plans and he might be the next rising of a great but bad witch. This time it isn't a battle of blood status, and yes your friend Harry knows what is happening. Don't ask me anymore." he sighed, this was enough information to keep her here. He hated himself so much right now, not being able to tell her everything, but this was enough. As visioned, Hermione started firing questions, but he nodded her off, "Please not now, I can't."

Her tears were now frozen on her face and she got a little chill running through the back of her neck. Another evil on the rise... she felt her heart tighten. She didn't know why he couldn't tell her, but for some reason, she trusted his response. But she was no where close to being done with him though. "As much as it surprised me, your mother isn't all that bad. She cleared the though about you and blood statuses, but really Draco, I'm nothing serious?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "My mother is never the bad one in the family, and of course I don't care about it anymore. It was for the crowd and society not a personal ideology. As for you and me not being serious, I believe we've been together for two weeks?" he glanced at her with flirty eyes, trying to charm his way out of her false accusation. "Yes two weeks, where you asked me to move in! Talk about a gutless ferret, not being able to digest this is serious because of his dumb actions." She understood the charm, and played along but didn't forget the conversations from the morning. "Gutless Ferret? Would a gutless ferret be able to sweep a stubborn egoistical Granger of her feet?!" he acted shocked and his platinum hair fell onto his face. "Egoistical? Might I remind you that you lived for society instead of you're self! You were a bully, and very full of yourself!" she was screaming incoherently now, "Don't you dare say I'm egoistical!" "Hermione calm down it was a joke." he cajoled her but she resisted him, "In that case, I should say that you are very uptight." he seethed in her ear. "Uptight?!" she exclaimed as she had no clue what Draco was drifting about. "Oh yes, really really tight!" his voice deep and sultry as he started kissing her neck. She arched away, before she was flat on her back from his shove. "You are weak." he said as he continued to roam his lips all over her. "No, I am...." she started before her words turned into a moan. He flipped her 360* and onto her back again and shoved her suitcase of the bed. He crouched over her like a lion not allowing her space to wriggle free. "You can accuse me of being a gutless ferret, and I can call you egotistical? I will! what will you do about it? Fight it off? do it now!" he challenged her knowing she won't be able to fight him of right now.  He nibbled her neck and slid his arms underneath her to unzip her dress before diving into her weak spots, her thighs and her neck.

Every word she tried to get out to argue against him failed into moans and she lay beside him now a pissed and relaxed. "I don't like you angry!" he said, becoming a child, a total 360* to that seductive beast an hour ago. He snuggled his head into her hair and draped his leg in between hers. He bit her ear once more before whispering in her ear, "I really do think this is the most serious relationship I've been in. I don't want to loose you and like I said your weak. But I'm weak too." She couldn't help but smile as she tilted her head to meet his face and kissed him on his forehead. "I like when you do that!" he giggled. Yes! he giggled. Hermione did a double take! "Did you just!" she couldn't say anything more as she laughed at this kiddish Draco. She thought back to freshman year, even then he was composed and here he was being playful and kiddish!

Another month passed without any fights or intrusions or unexpected events.  In these three week, they had a double date with Harry and Ginny to discuss the wedding plans. They decided it was time to host a pre-wedding party, apart from the bride and groom's individual party. Harry didn't want a bachelors party though, and Draco decided he'd help through one for him. The only iffy thing about it was that Ron was Harry's best man, and he had to host the party. There was no way both Draco and Ron would co-host Harry's party without ripping each others heads. Draco stepped down from his idea and just hoped Ron had enough skill to pull it off by himself. Tonight was the pre-wedding dinner and all of their friends and family would be there. Hermione and Draco would be out in front of all her friends for the first time. This was going to be an eventful night after all. 

She let him zip up her dress as she stood in front of the mirror observing him. He wore a steel gray formal shirt and James Bond black pants. No tie, and his hair was short again from the haircut two days ago. He was able to look handsome without any effort. She mentally groaned at her lack of this talent. She was in a gray satin and strapless, knee length dress. She world grey pearls and her hair was straightened magically. It had taken her about an hour to look decent and he had taken all but 10 minutes to get done. once he was done zipping her up, he laid a kiss on the back of her shoulder. He glanced back at themselves in the mirror, "I think we make a dashing couple." he whispered and both of them smiled at each other through the mirror.  Draco started down the steps and into the jacket closet. He pulled out a black long coat and called out to Hermione, "Which coat do you want?" she made her way to the dining room to pick up her purse before she dropped lifeless to the floor. "Hermione?!" he called from the jacket closet, waiting for her response. He shook his head and made his way to the dining room to ask her...

Draco found her laying cold on the floor. "Hermione!" he screamed as he went down on his knees pulling her into himself. he reached for the glass bowl that sat on the dining table, "Agumenti" his voice cracked as he sprinkled the water from the now water filled bowl. She woke up with a start, not sure what had happened. "You fainted?! I think..." Draco said as he helped her up and off the floor. "Let's go to a healer, " he said scared shitless. "No, its okay, I'm probably low on sugar, I'll get something to eat. We have to go to this party." She said as she grabbed an apple. "No, we'll take a detour and your friends will understand the importance of your health." he said sternly allowing her to finish the apple before going to the hospital.

They sat in St. Mungos for maybe 5 minutes before Draco's family doctor called them in. He always had priority in he wasn't afraid to use them. "Welcome Mr. Malfoy, and ..." an older blonde lady asked.  "Miss Granger, he said before continuing with procedures. He sat in the office as Hermione was taken into the examination room.

"First and for most, please fill this paper out." she said handing her a normal questionnaire. Are you pregnant? When was your last period? Do you drink? Do you smoke? Are you sexually active? Are you.... Do you.... after 20 billion questions to bubble in, the doctor finally took her temperature, weight and height. "Alright, everything looks good, so what exactly happened today?" the doctor asked. "Well, I'm not sure. Draco found me on the floor, where I had fainted." Hermione said. The talked a bit longer before the doctor asked the million dollar question, "Have you and him used protection? whether it was muggle ways of prevention or magical?" "Yes, we use magically prevention.... Oh no!" Hermione exclaimed thinking back to the day they had fought. They were so caught up, neither of them remembered to case the protection spell. "I get it from you're reaction... here, to the bathroom." The doctor handed her a cup.

How could they be so stupid! And as suspected, Hermione was a month pregnant. Both women made their way out to the office once more with a nervous Draco. Hermione had asked the doctor not to tell Draco, and that she will tell him herself. For now, the continued with the idea of low blood sugar levels and they both were off to the party.

Of course, Hermione wasn't herself, as she kept re-thinking everything. She was a month pregnant! She would never want to harm this baby, but what about Draco. How would he take it! They were greeted by Ginny and Harry, her tummy still not showing. This was a dinner party, at Ginny's favorite restaurant. Seafood. Hermione was pregnant, meaning no alcohol or seafood. She can justify why won't drink alcohol tonight, but seafood? Hermione loved seafood and Draco definitely knew that. 

Troubles on top of troubles, Ron and Lavender where here tonight. The tables were arranged in such a way that Hermione and Draco where the farthest from them, but that didn't stop Ron from messing up their evening. Draco was very protective of her and constantly was on her tail the whole time because of Ron. She needed to talk to Ginny alone, and Draco wasn't giving her any window. She finally got a chance when Draco stood up to give a speech in honor of the bride and groom. Hermione whispered to Ginny, "I need to talk to you, alone! Draco won't leave my side because of Ron." Ginny nodded understanding and whispered to Harry. "Can you and all the guys meet up to talk and all the girl can meet up to talk? after Draco's speech. I don't know about you, but I would like to know what the girls are planning for me." Harry gave her a nod and all three of them focused up on Draco's speech.

He came back down and handed the mic of to Harry, who thanked him and called a split in gender. Hermione finally got her window to talk to Ginny. "I'm... I'm pregnant!" she whispered and Ginny's eyes popped out of her face. "He doesn't know. What should I do!?" she continued as Ginny was to dumbfounded to speak. "Merlin! All I know is you need to tell him, how? I have no idea." they both frowned at their dilemma. Soon, everyone returned to their seats and dinner was served. From their conversation, Ginny switched up the order for Hermione. She sent her a Shirley temple and a stir fried veggie plate with sticky rice, the same thing that Ginny was eating for the night. Everyone else had to choice to pick champagne, and wine, with lobster plate or the shellfish plate. Draco eyed her plate curiously, " No drinks?" "Umm, no, I'd didn't want to because of the fainting spell, and same goes for wanting to eat more vegetables." she said hoping he wouldn't catch something a drift.

The night drew to a good close, when Luna approached them. A good 6 month pregnant Luna "Congratulations you guys!" she said in accord to their new relationship status. They stood talking to her and Neville who were one among the few couples there that night, that didn't harshly judge their relationship.

Right before they were about to leave, Lavender came by their table, "Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" she asked Hermione. "What?!" Draco yelped at at the her, how dumb was she. "Yes, preciously, what are you talking about?!" Hermione asked Lavender as she panicked on the inside. "You're pregnant right?! I heard Ginny ..." and before she could finish Hermione had cut in. "Lavender, I have know idea what you are talking about, but I believe Ron is about to talk to Fleur's cousin, you know the model." With that  the insecure Lavender spun on her heels trying to find her husband. She relaxed, not knowing that Draco had indeed caught her in the lies, even if Lavender hadn't. He stood up and walked up to Ginny and Harry to give them their wishes once more before leaving.

Once in the house, Draco undid his shirt from his pants and unbuttoned a couple buttons. He sat on the couch demanding her to tell him. "Tell me what Lavender said is False!" A shaky Hermione stood in the middle of the hall, unable to talk.

__________________

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE READ AND SUPPORTED THIS STORY! PLEASE DO RECOMMEND IT TO YOUR FELLOW FRIENDS AND WATTPADERS. AND OF COURSE HIT VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW. THANK YOU GUYS ONCE AGAIN!