Present 3

PRESENT

The Minister rolled around to find them standing there. "Mrs. Krum? and Mrs. Potter? What.. What are you doing here?" he said as he closed away a couple files.

Kingsly's face usually never gave away anything but now, he sat there squirming in his seat.

"What had been happening in the investigation?" Hermione demanded.

"Not much I'm afraid," he stumbled a bit and looked into the file a top his desk.

"Please don't do this to us. Don't..." Ginny pleaded, which was very uncharacteristic of her.

Kingsly let out a sigh, "I've found out where they are, and you won't be happy with the news. Even hard for me to think about it," he admitted finally.

"Where are they?" Hermione demanded.

"I don't know the exact spot but they are in Bulgaria..." he started.

"Karkaroff?" Hermione asked, "he took them!?"

"No. Well, he is a part of it, but" Kingsley intruded.

"But what?" Ginny asked

"It must be Malfoy! He and Karkaroff must have been on the same team!" Hermione continued.

"No, you've got it all wrong." he said. "It's Viktor." he finished after a long pause.

"What?!" Hermione said, seeing spots in her vision before she fainting.

A few hours later...

"Congratulations Mrs. Krum, you're pregnant." the tall nurse said as Hermione regained consciousness.  She started crying, no, it couldn't be. Not now she thought to herself, not after what she had heard. Not now, with all the confusion around her. Hermione's twins were missing and for her now to feel happy about being pregnant. No. Her husband was the bad guy all along and Malfoy--Draco...

What had happened? She dropped her back onto the pillow not wanting to deal with reality. 

Ginny sat in the chair beside her, trying to calm her down. Hermione was in tears. Ginny summarized the rest of the conversation that she had had with the minster while she was asleep. "Karkaroff and Viktor have been working together since, whenever. Draco on the other hand, he broke up with you because--"

Before Ginny could say, a flash of black light blinded both of them.

__________________

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE READ AND SUPPORTED THIS STORY! PLEASE DO RECOMMEND IT TO YOUR FELLOW FRIENDS AND WATTPADERS. AND OF COURSE HIT VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW. THANK YOU GUYS ONCE AGAIN!