Past Part 6

Past continued

She got ready for that night. She pulled on a hoodie and black tights with black kicks. She needed to blend in with the night. She apparated into Diagon Alley, and started walking towards Knockturn Alley. She glanced as the  stores, the time was 11:00pm and all the stores stood black. Except for the street lamps and the moon, no other lights were visible.

She wished there would be some light in Knockturn Alley, it seemed unlikely. Using her wand would attract unwanted attention.

She entered the filthy place, and there were street lights lit, but not all of them. Ginny had told her how to get to The Jacklin Shop, it actually right next to Borgin and Burkes. It was 10 minutes to 11:24. She waited in a dark shadowy corner. From her position she could see the front of the shop, she would be able to see anyone entering the premises, but they won't be able to notice her.

Her rebellious hair was falling out of her hoodie, and she forced it back in. She crouched down with her wand out, ready for whoever and whatever was going to happen. She saw a light coming from the left side. Some one had just apparated in. She glanced at the watch, 11.23. One more minute for the meeting. Her body became tense with anxiety as she realized who the person was and that he was making his way towards her. She was stuck. She had been so confident with the position she found that she had forgotten to find a way to move out of the corner in case she was noted. She cursed herself under her breathe as she tried to tiptop to the side. farther away from the corner and into the pathway behind her. She held her breath, as she did so, she noticed the man that had arrived. It was Malfoy. He was stealthy hiding in the corner which she had just moved away from. Hermione dipped all the way down to the floor as Malfoy looked around his position, to see if it was secure.

It was 11.24pm and two people apparated on either side of The Jacklin Shop. They were cloaked and greeted one another with a nod and progressed into the shop. The taller one of the two unlocked the building and the shorter one, looked around before entering. Malfoy started moving up and toward the building. Malfoy was spying just like Hermione was.

Hermione followed Malfoy's footsteps as she did so, he looked back once. He shook his head thinking he was just imagining being followed. He entered the shop, leaving Hermione completely surprised, maybe he wasn't just spying. She was standing completely out in the open. She hurried to the side of the building where there was a window. She rose on her tippy toes, peering in slowly. She caught the two men sitting down, their backs facing the window, and Malfoy standing in front of them. His hands exaggeratedly moving in the air, animated with whatever he was telling them. Hermione pulled out the an extendable ear to listen in on their conversation. She stuck one to the window and put the other to her ear.

She could barely hear anything. She put away the ears and tried to just pick up visual clues. She saw Malfoy's face. Serious and at one point, regardless of the blonde hair, he reminded her of Snape. His mannerisms were Snape-like, and it was weird. Hermione saw one of the men get up, she was hoping to see his face. But she couldn't. She was annoyed now. She walked around the building hoping to fine another entrance or a better door or window to use the extendable ears.

She found a door. She used a silenco charm on it, to stop it from creaking, when she tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. Irritated now, she dragged herself to the next window and tried the ears again. It didn't work, one of them probably used the Imperturbable Charm. She turned back to the window she was at before. She peered in again, but no one was there! No no no, she missed their exit. She turned around to the street in front of her. When she felt a wand poking into her back. She was caught.

She felt someone breathing on her neck, she smelled old spice and something springish. She felt the person's lip brush her ears, as she arched away. "Never give up do you?" the person whispered.