Chapter 24 - Bailey

Chapter 24 - Bailey

"The casting list for Fame will be put at lunch." The voice over the speakers said.  

This has been the longest two weeks of my life. Just to know what part I got; it's killing me.  

On the plus side Carlos and Lucy are going to the ball together; there kinda a thing. There not fully boyfriend and girlfriend but I wouldn't be surprised if they were by the end of the school year. Witch is only a few weeks away.  

Speaking of school, the whole school knows about the Sophie, Chase and Cole thing. Chase now eats lunch with us and Brigitte. It's great having her around. She understand the whole dad thing.  

Brigitte and I have a plan on how to face the whole 'you have kids and never told me or them' witch is going down tonight. We've been putting it off. But see as the school year is coming to an ended we have no choice but to face it.To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I'm ready to face it.  

I came here because I knew this is where my mother and father meet; that's and it's an amazing school. I figure there would be a trace of him and that would lead me somewhere and he would have little kids. Maybe even want me to be part of his life now. Not the other way around.  

Not the fact that he has a kids around my age. That's right Brigitte told me that I have a half brother who's fourteen. She's only meet him once last summer when he came to stay with them. She want me to stay a few weeks with her this summer, so I can get to know her and him better. I still have made up my mind about it. It's a lot to take in all at once. 

"You guys ready?" Lucy asked as we head to lunch. 

"Couldn't be more ready." I said. As I try to push all those thought out of my mind. As I know needed to know if I got the lead female dancer.  

Looking down the list I can hear Lucy and Carlos squill in happiness witch means the got the parts they wanted. Carlos got the lead meal dancer and Lucy will be playing, Joy.  

I found the character's name I was looking for. Looking to the right of it it read 'Sophie Brandon'. I read it over and over. But no matter how many times I read it, it was always read the same.  

"Oh, Bailey, I'm sorry." Lucy said. 

"Hey, Bailey, you did get a huge role!" said Carlos.  

"Really?"  

"Yeah, your playing Jenny." Carlos said.  

"And I'm playing Marco." I turned to see Jamie standing there.  

Jenny and Marco have a romance between each other. 

He just smiled at me. I wasn't mad at him and I've stopped blowing him off but there is no way, well be able to move past the friend zone. 

I felt an arm drop around me.  

"Is everything alright?" It was Chase.  

"Yea', I was just saying congrats to Jamie for his landing a part." 

"Congrats." Chase said. 

"Thanks." Jamie said.  

There was a awkward silents.  

"Come on, lets head to lunch." Lucy said pulling me with her. As she did I grabbed Chase by the arm taking him with me.  

Lucy and I were the first at the table.  

"So how's Carcy?"  

"Who's Carcy?" Lucy asked.  

She hasn't heard! Oh, this is going to be great.