Chapter 12 - Bailey

Chapter 12 - Bailey

I was nervous for the date. I know it's just as friends, but still it's a date. I heard a knock on the front door and this is the first time I'm glad my aunt isn't here. Causes its just friends I didn't dress up too much. I wear dark skinny jeans, a dress up white tank top. My hair was left down and my makeup was simple. I open the door to fine a well dressed Jamie. He flashed me a white smile.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, one second." I grabbed my cell and jacket; witch had some money in it, just to be on the safe side.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he drove off.

"Well, I was thinking the classic; movie and dinner." My face shown disappointment then he added. "But I figured you wouldn't want to do that so I was thinking we cloud go to the arcade, food and then ice-cream."

"That sounds better." I was so glad we aren't doing a basic 'date'. We played games witch I’m happy to say I creamed him at. He might have been letting me win by hey, as less it’s going better than I thought. He was different; he was sweet and not full of himself. It could be that it was just us. He could be letting his true colors show; but this side of him, I like.

"We can walk to the ice-cream shop if you'd like?" He asked after I had once again bet him at ice hockey.

"Are you getting tired of loosing?" I asked. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"Come on." I said.

We walked over to the table where we were eating. Jamie went to toss away our trash; I texted Lucy. ‘I'm doing good’ Not even a second later she text me back.

"Good?"

"Yeah he different."

"Be careful." I rolled my eyes as he headed back.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him once we were outside.

"Depends."

"Why are you different? I mean when you’re not at school or your friends."

"What do you mean?" He asked, but his face reads he know what I was talking about.

"Come' on." I bumped my shoulder into him.

He lets out a deep breath, then said.

"I don't know, it's just they see me one way now matter what I say or do, so it's easier to play the part than to change it." He looked at me, my head snapped foreword then I said. "I can’t say I understand because I don't but I can say, I like this Jamie better."

Out of the cove of my eyes I can see him smile. We ordered are ice-cream and sat. We were talking and eating when Chase and some girl walks in.