Chapter 11 - Chase

Chapter 11 - Chase

"No, Sophie, I'm not coming over." I said; still not happy with how she's going about this whole Bailey, Jamie and Cole thing. She hates change. But most of all she hates the fact that there someone who could easily because popular as her, maybe even more, replacing her. Bailey has the looks, she's an amazing dance, she's nice to everyone; and lately Sophie hasn't been the girl I fell for. But maybe this is her true self or maybe I'm finally seeing her for who she really is. I'm not sure. But whatever it is I don't like this Sophie.

"Man, Chase why do you have to be like this?" Rolling her eyes even thought I can't see her eyes. "You mean nice?"

"Come on, my parents aren’t here and Jamie has a date tonight.”

"With who?"

"I don't know, he wouldn't tell me."

"I'll think about it." I said hanging the phone up, tossing it to the end of the bed. Even before Bailey, or school starting back up, Sophie and I were having problems. I don't understand where we went wrong. I was falling for her; falling for her hard. Then, bam! She changed, again. Getting up from the bed, I head to the one place that always clears my head, the school's dance room.

With once being best friend with the headmaster kid, getting a copy of the key to the school was easy. Pushing the door open, I hear music flowing from one of the music room. I stop and listen. Not that I would get in trouble, I have a key. I peek in the room and see Brigitte at the mixing table. Witch means she is having problems at home because she here and not at home using her own. "Brig?" Her head snapped up stopping the music. Meeting her eyes, I see they're a little red from crying.

"Brig." I walked over and she just looked at me, no words leaving her lips. I pull her into a hug. At first she just let me hug her then she hugged me back. She was now full on crying. "What happen?" I asked softly kissing her head.

"He has another kid." I had no clue what she means. Who has another kid? Her dad?

"Your dad?" I ask.

"Yes." I didn't know what to say, so I just squeezed her harder.

"It's not that I’m mad at him for having one, it's the fact he has known about her, didn't tell me and hasn't been in her life at all." She choked out.

I hardly could understand anything she said, but I pieced the words I did get and knew what she was saying. I have never seen her cry like this before. Not even when she found out about her brother. We may not be as close as we were but she still my closes friend I have ever had. I just held her for what seemed like hours, but it didn't bother me. At this point I want our friendship back more than anything. Even if it meant losing the ones I have now. At one time Brigitte was the number one, then I started going out with Sophie, and slowly are friendship vanished. But this moment you could have never guessed that.

"Come on, ice cream is on me." I said She nodded and we left.