Chapter 2 - Bailey

Chapter 2 – Bailey

I waited outside of my second to last class of the day, which also happened to be my second dance class of the day. I could help but think of Chase and how sweet he was to me throughout the class. Even thought I didn’t need help, it was still nice to know that if I did need help he was there.

"Hello, you must be Bailey." Looking up I see a young man standing in front of me.

"Yes?" I said, coming out more as a question.

"I'm Vince, teacher of Partner Dancing." I'm learning that most of the teachers around here go by their first names instead of their last names.

"Nice too meet you." I said, holding out my hand. At first he was a little puzzled; but shook my hand anyway. I bet I know why, I have learned that the majority of the students around here are full of it.

"It's good to have you here. You’re evening out the numbers in the class; now my teacher assistant can be that and not be a dance partner.” He smiled.

“Even thought, I am more than an amazing dancer.” A blond hair, blue eyes girl walked up next to us. The same one Lucy had called Miss. Popular today at lunch.

“Bailey this is Sophie, my teacher assistant; Sophie this is Bailey she just started today.”

“Vince.” Someone called and he walked off

“So your the new dancer, Chase was talking about.” She looked me up and down then wrinkled her nose.

“Oh, you know Chase?” I asked, trying my best to act nice and sweet because I didn’t know her.

“I hope so, he is my boyfriend.” She said. Boyfriend… wait, he seems nice and she’s well, to put it nicely, not.

“Oh, he didn’t mention that and I’m not just a dancer.” I said, raising my eyebrows and walking off into the class. I was doing my warm up waiting to find out who my partner is going to be.

“Bailey!” Vince said.

“Yes?”

“This is…” he started to say.

“Carlos.” I said, smiling.

“Good you guys know each other; you guys will be dance partners.”

“Cool” Carlos said.

"Let's start!" Vince yelled.

"So you step back..." I looked around to watch the others dance while Carlos told me the moves.

"Why aren't you dancing, this is dance class not watch class." Looking left, I see Sophie looking at me and Carlos like we're walking bags of trash.

"Carlos, I know the dance." I said. I didn’t want to act like I didn’t know the dance anymore. "From the top." Vince told the class.

"Sophie!" Vince called her over, saved be the teacher.

Sophie was now pacing the floor watching everyone dance. Carlos is an amazing dancer. He could lift me up as I was made if air. I made every flick, movement and smile right.

We were halfway through the dance, when most of the class had stopped to watch us dance. Carlos twirled me out, and then pulling me back we stopped with the ending pose. The air filled with claps. Carlos and I took a bow and said our 'thank you' to our fellow classmates.

"Yes, well done." Said Vince with a smile spread over his face.

Sophie had a pout face on with her arms crossed.

"Let start again, everyone."

"Bend your leg a little." Sophie told me. And I did.

“Hold your arm a little higher.” Sophie told me, and I did. I looked around and I know we were one of the best ones, but she just kept on me; telling me what was wrong or what to fix. Not even one minute later she came back over and said.

“Take a smaller step back then a bigger one forward.” Okay I could not take this anymore. I was the only one in the whole class she was telling what to do. I spun around about ready to give her a piece of my mind when…

“Class is over, good job.” Oh, save by the teacher again.

Sophie just smiled at me and walked away. This was her last save by the teacher. I took a step going after her, when an arm stopped me.

“Believe me; as much as I would love to see the ending of this, it’s only your first day.” As much as Carlos was right, I know I had to be the ‘big girl’ and walk away.