Chapter 21 - Lucy and Carlos

It's been a week sense Carlos and Jamie got into it. Speaking of Carlos I'm think of asking him do the ball. I have been dropping hint, for the last few days but nothing.  

"Lucy!" Carlos calls. 

"Yes, Carlos?" 

"Are you ready for Fame?" 

"I'm a little nerves." I answered. 

"You'll do great." He place his hand on my shoulder causing butterflies to flutter inside. 

"No, you'll do great." I said. 

I smiled up at him. As I did he ran his hand down my arm stoping right above my hand. Oh, how I wanted him to intertwine my fingers with his.  

"Heyy..." Bailey started to say but trailed off when Carlos and I jumped apart.  

"Umm." Bailey said.  

I glared at her.  

"Oh, look at the time I gotta go." She said. So she half walking and half running away.  

"She dose know, that doesn't work if you don't look at a clock, right?" Carlos pointed out. I couldn't help but giggle.  

Oh how I love her giggle; man that sound like a little to much Romeo. I should just look at her and say 'Lucy, be my girlfriend.' And not take a yes or no for an answer.  

"Carlos, what are you thinking about?" Asked Lucy.  

What should I say, I'm think of tell you you're my girlfriend, we'll live happily ever after? Yea' right.  

"Nothing." I said. I'm such a chicken. 

Sometime, I just want to smack Carlos over the head and say. 'Dude, I like you.' I can't help but think maybe he might like me back. But then at times I'm like theres no way Carlos likes me. Maybe I should, or I could just kiss him, just like that. See where it takes us. But I would rather have him as a friend then not at all.  

Even thought I'm not a girly girl, I can't wait to see what the them of this year's ball is.  

Maybe, just maybe, Carlos will ask me; I can't help but be thinking that over and over. Who I'm I kindling. If he liked me he would of told me by now.  

"Lucy, my girl!" Said Bailey.  

"Yes, babes?" I said. 

"Will you go to the Ball with me?" She said holding up a flyer. 

"That is if Carlos doesn't ask you." She adds. 

"He's not going to ask me." I told her. 

"I would beat on it." She said winking at me. There's times when I think there something she knows, that I don't. 

"Whatever, but yes, if Carlos' doesn't ask me, witch he won't; I would be more then happy to be your date." I said.  

I took the pice of paper from her hand. Them was '60's Hits, never age'. Huh? 60's movies... Well I guess I'll have to try and find something.  

Maybe my grandma has something. If she dose I could always ask Brigitte it take it and put a modern twist to it.  

"Sorry about, you know..." Bailey said.  

I cut her off. 

"It's totally fine. It's not like it was going anywhere."  

"He likes you believe me, he dose. He's just needs a little push." She said.  

"Has he told you?" I asked.  

"Lucy, that's not the point. I know when two people belong together and you to do." What she said ran thought out my head; over and over.  

I turned the corner and ran right into the one and only; Sophie Brandon.