Chapter 6 - Lucy

Chapter 6- Lucy

All throughout the day my mind wandered. I couldn't keep it on one thing for more than five minutes before it went back to Carlos. For the longest of time I have had feeling for him, but I can't tell him. And seeing him like this kills me. I just wish there was something I could do. Get him out of there. He always spends the next few days with me before he’ll go back 'home'. Then I won't be able to sleep or anything. I never can sleep unless he's here or at some other friend's house.

I told him to move into Broadway apartments, but he doesn't have the money. His real dad pays for half of his schooling, and the other half is scholarship money. If his real dad wouldn't pay for the other half he wouldn't be here.

"You okay?" Bailey's voice enters into my mind.

"Yea' why?" I asked.

"You'd just been quite."

"Didn't sleep well." I lied.

"Meeting my aunt was a little too much, huh?" She asked joking with me.

"Something like that." I smiled back. I see Carlos walking into lunch; he sits right next to me. I lean over and whisper.

"Let's do a touch up on you face after lunch." Even thought it's been a few days you still can see it; he doesn't need people asking him a million questions.

"Kay." He said before shoving a fish-stick into his mouth.

Out of nowhere two people plopped right in front of Bailey and I. Looking up I choked on a grape. Carlos had a puzzled look on his face along with every other person at the table; or should I say room. The two people who have just sat in front of us, is the one and only; Jamie and Cole.

"Hi?" Bailey asked.

She's only been here a few days and she already knows this has never happened before.

"You guys lost?" Carlos asked.

The guys just laughed at him, but I don't think Carlos meant it as a joke, really. Jamie smiled a winked at Bailey. Bailey had her hair in a loss braid with bright red lips. Oh, great. He likes her. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just. Jamie is a player. And Bailey in my new best friend, other then her I only really have Carlos. And I'm trying not going to rock that boat. As you can tell his home life is hard and as far as I know I'm the only person who has been there for him and I don't want to mess that up. So, I just keep my feeling locked away and tossed the key away.