Chapter 20 - Bailey and Chase

  "What the hell happened?" Lucy yelled.

A few people looked to see what she was going on about. Then she sees me; she was puzzled but I smiled at her.

Walking up I said. "I forgive you." 

"But I didn't say sorry."

"No, but Carlos said enough sorry's for the both of you." 

She looked up at him and smiled; he smiled back. Man, wish these guys would just get their feeling for each others out in the open already.

"As happy as I'm to hear that, it doesn't explain that." She said pointing to Carlos's face.

"He was in a fight." 

"What? With who?" She looked a little concerned.

"Jamie." Carlos and I said at the same time.

"No way!" She smiled and seemed a little to happy; it was a bit creepy. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Chase at the end of the hall.

"Hey, Carlos!" I called to him as I walked down the hall. 

"Hey, Chase." He said.

"You got a nice right hook there; remind me never to get on your bad side." 

We all laughed. I looked at bailey but as soon as I did she looked at me; so I looked away. I wasn't sure what was up with me lately. But what I do know is I believe things between Sophie and I are over. 

"Chase?" Bailey said. 

""Huh?" I asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I said waking away. 

Was I sure things were over? Is this what I want? Do I really believe things are done with Sophie and me?

"Chase! Chase!" Sophie called. 

"Hi." I said. 

"Look what I got!" She held up a filter. 

'Open casting calls for Fame the musical!’ I read while Sophie has a huge smile.

 "You know how much I've wanted to be in it! Plus, I've been asking the school to put it on for years!" See this is the Sophie I feel for, with passion for what she loves.

"You’ll, do great." I said; as I now she will. 

"Are you going to try out for it?" 

"Probably." I stopped to think if there was a part that I would even be able to or want to play. If nothing else I could always just be a back up dancer. 

I was sitting in my last class watching the clock tick down when I hear the over speakers come on. 

"Jamie Brandon, Carlos Diego, Bailey Carter; please come to the headmaster office." 

Every single person was now looking at me, Bailey Carter. But the only thought that was in my head was, 'there's no way in hell I'm going to the office'.

"Carter, office... Now!" Said Ms.Dogger, my writing teacher.

Walking down the hall, I walked in to someone; Carlos. 

"Bailey?" He asked.

"I can't go to the office to see 'him'." 

"Come on, I won't leave you." He dropped his arm around me and pulled me with him.