Chapter 16 - Cole and Sophie

Looking at myself, I can't help but think about how good I look.

"You ready for the party?" I asked Brooklyn.

“Is Jamie coming?” She asked.

‘Poor Brooklyn’ I thought to myself. She just needs to get over Jamie but that will never happen. She had liked him for years.

“Yes, he will be there.” Said a voice from my bedroom door looking into my mirror I can see Cole standing.

I look into his eye’s, he winks. I send him a little smile before turning to Brooklyn.

“Brooklyn, can you make me some tea, please?”

“Yeah.” She said all perky. Once Brooklyn is out the door, I turn back to my mirror. I can see Cole walking up behind me. He places his hand on my shoulder, then gives me a soft kiss.

“Hun, what did I say about that?”

“She’s all the way down stairs.” Then adds “Plus she’s not the smartest person.”

“She knows a kiss when she sees one.” I roll my eyes and walk off.

Sophie can be nothing but a drama queen a little too much for me, but that may be why I like her. “So, Jamie’s coming, but is Bailey?” Cole asked.

“Yup, and her crew of little freaks.” Sophie says.

“So, do you know if he asked her?” Sophie asked.

“We’ll find out tonight.”

“I can’t believe we have to do this just to knock sense back into him.” Sophie said.

“You’ll have your school back soon.”

“Witch one?” Sophie asked holding up two jackets.

“The black one.” Brooklyn said walking in.

“Thanks.” I said taking the tea.

“The black one it is.” I slipped it.

Looking at myself, I smiled.

“Brook, this is why you’re my best friend.” Brooklyn has one of the best styles I know.

That’s why she got into our school. Last year for our school play she made over half of the dresses and then for the charity benefits they sold for quite a lot of money. Here in about two weeks our huge play will began; and I am planning on playing the lead.

“Brooklyn, did you make yourself any tea?”

“No.”

“Well, go make yourself some.” I smiled at her.

I got up and made sure Brooklyn as out of ear shot.

“Have you told him what he’ll have to do for losing the bet?” I asked.

“I’m telling him tonight, at the party, if he loses.”

“Well, it sounds like you have everything planned and by Monday Jamie will be back where he belongs.”

“Are you sure Brooklyn will be fine?” he asked.

“She has liked him for years; she’ll be fine.”

“Who will be fine?” Brooklyn asked.

“Oh, no one.” I said.

We walked into the party. My eyes wander the room looking for Jamie.

“Do you see him?” I asked Cole.

“No, you?”

“If I see him, I wouldn’t be asking you if you see him.” I rolled my eyes then walked away.

I hook arms with Brooklyn as we walked off. Looking back, I send a wink to Cole. Tonight is the night that I get my brother back, witch means I get my school back. I was also looking around for Chase but knowing my luck, he was with Brigitte. I like that Chase has friends but not her or Bailey. Well, I like it when he's friends with people who's I like. I grab a red cup off the table. Having no clue what's inside; I drink up. Three red mystery cups later I see Chase walk in but he's not alone. Brigitte walked behind him.

"Ug!" I said, rolling me eyes and looking at Brooklyn.

“What? Wait… is someone wearing the same dress as you?” Brooklyn asked.

She loves judging people who’s wearing the same outfits.

“No, Chase brought Brigitte with him.”

“Oh.” She looked a little disappointed.

I could hear a soft beep and new it was my cell. Pulling it out, I see that it’s from Cole. ‘It’s all most time!’ I smile to myself.

“Is that from your mystery guy?” Brooklyn asks.

I just smile and wink at her. I can see Sophie on the other side of the room and I can see a few guys eyeing her; witch causes me to gulp down another red cup.

“Hey man, take it easy the night still young.” Said Chase as he walked past me.

“Yes, the night is still young.” I said in a flat tone.