Chapter 5: A deaf Ear

Chapter 5: A Deaf Ear

“You know him. Now, shut up before I gag you and lock you in my trunk." He-- we were both quiet untill we reached my baby bug. It was born in 2009 and it's yellow.

“We're here” Benny pointed out.

“Oh really!” I said with fake enthusiasm. “ I know you we're the captain of basket ball team, but who would have ever expected you to be Captain Obvious.” I smiled big, fluttered my eyelashes, frowned, and then I rolled my eyes as I cocked my head to the side.

Oh, I still had some pent up anger. I like that.

“I'll be what ever you like, if you wear a cheer-leading outfit and cheer me on.”

“That statement was a turn-off. I'll pass. Not a skirt fan anyway.”

As soon as I got in my car, I buckled myself in and turned on the radio. And wouldn't you know it, my song was on. I turned it up. “Dirty, dirty, dirty,dirty sucka'. You think I can't do it like you? You mother f#cker. I can do it like a brotha', do it like a dude....” I sang at the top of my lungs, until Benny turned off my radio.

My face turned sour “Do you have a death wish?” I asked.”That was MY song” We both liked the same music, so he was only doing this to piss me off.

“I just stopped it to tell you that you had an a-m-a-z-i-n-g voice.” he said innocently.

“Shut the eff up you liar.”

“No, seriously.” He continued.” I know some people who would truly enjoy your voice.”

“Ok, cross-dresser. I'll play along. Who?”

“Well, I'd love to hear you scream my name at the top of you lungs.” Just as I was about to be a smart ass, he continued.

” But I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about my Nana.” He said while grinning from ear to ear with his perfectly straight bleach white teeth. I still had my braces on.

Ugh.

Two more weeks Anna, two more weeks. Then I'll take them off and bleach the absolute shit out of my teeth.

Wait.

His Nana.

It hit me.

My mouth dropped opened. “Your Nana's def...You jack-ass. “ I said faking offense.

“Only to you, sexy ass.” If it was any one else, I would be flattered or offended(depending on the person). But with Benny, I know its his happy-go-lucky-flirt-with-anything-with-boobs personality. Its nothing to get your hopes up about. If he said it to you, he said it to another. Mental sigh.

“Okay, lets get out”