Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Minnie's POV

"There's so many kinds," I say pressing my nose up against the glass. I look over at Grey and think back to the park. I was dumb enough to fall for his trick and now, here I am getting ice cream with him. What is this? A date?

"Ya'll are such a cute couple," an old lady says smiling at us. I stop leaning over and stand up properly.

"Oh we're not-" I start, but Grey interrupts me.

"Thank you, ma'am," he says placing his arms around my shoulder. She smiles and nods. I roll my eyes at him and continue to look at the ice creams.

"I'll get the mint chocolate chip, chocolate, birthday cake, vanilla, strawberry, and cookies and cream. All on a cone,"

"Chocolate," grey says simply.

"That'll be $20," the cashier says batting her eyelashes at Grey. I pull out a ten, but before I can hand it to her, grey gives her the 20. Woah. Now I'm really thinking this is a date. I mutter a thanks before grabbing my ice cream and sitting down outside on a bench. Grey and I sit quietly not saying a word.

"Hey you've got a little ice cream there," he says. I look up at him.

"Where," he takes his ice cream and shoves it on my nose.

"UGH! WHAT THE GLORY!" He smirks at me and licks his ice cream.

"I hate you," I walk away angry that 1. He shoved ice cream in my face and 2. I dropped my ice cream in the process.

"Come here," he says. I walk up to him. He better make this better. He pulls me into a warm hug. I don't think so! I knee him in the unmentionables and run away. He leans over breathing heavily.

"Stop doing that," I shout at him.

"Doing..what.." He says in between breaths.

"Acting like you like me and like this is a date and I DONT KNOW," I stop rambling and stare at him with my arms crossed and foot tapping. He smiles at me.

"Oh this isn't a date, I'm only here because you're brother would kill me if I ditched you and the part about me acting interested and shit...I would never like someone as ugly as you," he smirked and watched my reaction.

Immediately my hand came up and slapped him right across the face. My eyes stung with tears. I couldn't care less about the fact he wouldn't want to sleep with me. But calling me ugly. No.

"I hate your guts," I barely manage to whisper. He shrugs his shoulders. I run off and when I'm far enough away, I start crying. As stupid as the reason, they won't stop. An attractive guy stops running and walks over to me. Typical.

"Boyfriend troubles," he asks half smiling.

"Brothers douche bag best friend troubles," I sniffle and rub some snot away.

"What'd he do this time," he winks at me as if we're the best of friend. I laugh.

"The usual," I say.

"Remind me again," he sits down next to me.

"Calling me ugly. Being typical,"

"Just remember like I always tell you. Don't listen to him. You're seriously gorgeous," I feel myself blush. I manage to get out a thank you before waving goodbye. Good to know there are kind gentleman out there these days. By the time I get finished walking home it's 7:00.

As soon as I walk in the door my mom starts yelling at me and then my brother. I'm not paying attention to her. I'm obviously too busy thinking about that stranger. I walk up to my room and close my door. It's not soon before my evil twin opens the door.

"Thanks for ditching me," I say without looking up from my homework.

"I wanted to leave you on your date," I look up at him disgusted.

"Okay 1. We were supposed to be hanging out. Not me and that asshole and 2. I would NEVER in a million years date him,"

"It's one thing to lie to us, but to lie to yourself?" Tsk tsk.

"I CAN NEVER ESCAPE YOU," I scream. I jump up push my brother and Grey out while shouting 'OUT OUT OUT'

They walk out muttering curse words at me. But really who cares? I don't know why I didn't tell me brother about what Grey said to me. Things happen. I guess I could get over. I yawn and throw some pajama pants on before I crawl into bed.

I wake up to someone knocking on the door.

"Psst," I look up groggily to see Grey standing in the doorway. I look over r the clock. 12:25. What the glory?

"Grey, it's the middle of the night, what do you want," he looks at me and sighs. He walks over and sits on my bed.

"Look," he starts," I'm sorry I called you ugly and everything,"

"Was that an apology?" He gives me a warning look.

"Look I," he pauses," I just want to be friends," I look at him. And laugh. A lot. More than normal.

"Oh shit, you're serious?" He nods his head. I shrug my shoulders"Fine," he grins and then walks out. Weirdo. I was now friends with Grey. Wow.