Chapter One

It was three days before the competition and we were in the middle of a mini group. Every one else had a solo but Chloe, Paige, Mackenzie and I were doing a group. Abby wanted to see us dance without Maddie being featured. I thought we were doing okay but apparently not. Abby wasn't with us. She was with the girls who had solos. We had Gia and I'm glad we had her because she was nice.

The only thing I didn't like about her was the fact she always told Abby what we were doing wrong and she would yell at us.

This dance that had be choreographed, was simple and beautiful lyrical contemporary with a little Acro. I liked it, I thought it gave us all a chance to shine but Chloe was featured. She was different to Maddie however, because she wasn't going over the top with facial expressions or the movements. She gave us all a chance to shine even of we were just in the background.

Paige and Mackenzie kept messing up an opening sequence because it was quite hard. I found it difficult but didn't want to be yelled at my Abby who would get right into your face.

"Guys. You two have to get this bit perfect. It's not that's hard." Gia said and you could tell she was getting frustrated but she didn't let it show as much as Abby would.

"How many turns is there?" Paige asked. She was the only dance instructor the four of us could speak to.

"Three to the left and then three to your corner." she answered and began the music again. This time they almost got it and I knew Mackenzie was getting annoyed at herself for messing it up.

"Kenzie, are you Okay?" I asked her before running the first half again.

"Yeah I'm fine. I think I've hurt my shoulder. It hurts to do the handstand twist." She said. I nodded and we began dancing again.

This time Abby came walking in and stood in the doorway watching us. I saw her roll her eyes a few times as we messed up a little move.

"That was terrible. " Abby said. At least she was honest. "You should count yourself lucky if you Dow in this weekend." I felt myself ready to snap because I had put up with her bullshit for way to long.

"Brooke. You got something to say?" she asked. She must have seen me open my mouth.

"Yeah actually I do. You are nothing but a bully. You shouldn't be a dance teacher. They treat everyone the same and I know this week you chose us to do the group because you want to see us fail. " I said the whole room looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"Well, I only work with the people who are talented. Who work their butts off to be the best striving for a goal." She said. Her voice was getting louder with each word. "You don't deserve my teaching. You don't deserve my time I spend on you making you a better dancer!" she yelled at me stepping closing. I snickered.

"I don't need you as a teacher. I can make myself an amazing dancer. I don't need you. We don't need you." I said motioning to each on of the girls. "Let's go." The three others followed behind me until we were out of the studio.

"Sleep over at ours tonight?" Paige asked. Chloe and Mackenzie both nodded and we waited for out Moms to make an appearance.

My Mom and Christi made an appearance my Melissa was a no show. I bet she was too busy with Maddie not caring about Mackenzie at all because she doesn't care about dance as much as Maddie.

We told out Moms the plan and they agreed so Christi left with Clara and my Mom had us four in her car driving back to ours. Tonight was going to be a Stressfree evening not worrying about dance tomorrow.