Chapter 20 - Chase

Dani's Pov | Chapter 20 

   I lay down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, exhaling happily as I thought of Dylan. 

  "Oh Dylan.." I lay twisting a stand on hair around my finger, "My Dylan." I giggled as I rolled off my bed to get undressed to shower. 

  I was halfway undressed when I heard a huge bang followed by a boom of loud music. My ears told me that the noise had came from the left, and what my eyes met weren't pretty. Chase was standing in front of his cabinet mirror, running his hands through his hair; loud music blaring. He looked pretty stressed and angry as he walked back and fourth in his room. It looked as if he was talking to himself, trying to calm himself down. 

  "What the hell? I better call him." I thought as I picked my phone up. 

  I dialed the number, but I don't think Chase heard me calling over the loud music. Geez Chase, what's going on! I rushed over to my windowsill and propped it open, I then threw a slipper at his window which caught his attention. The moment my eyes met his, Chase's expression melted. The anger he had reflected in the mirror disappeared and was filled with hurt and a look of insecurity. 

  He walked over to his window to open it aswell, and as he did it looked like he had tears in his eyes as he got closer. 

  "Whats wrong Chase?" I pouted.

  "Its nothing you'd understand.." He said as he sat on his windowsill, dangling his feet over the edge. 

  "I won't understand anything if you don't tell me.." I crinkled my nose and sat on the edge of mine aswell. The air grew silent and so did we, the silent wind brushing past his face pulling his hair out of his eyes. 

  "Remember when we used to do this as kids?" I asked breaking the silence.

  "Yeah.. you'd give me math lessons up here." He chuckled bitterly. 

  "Wanna.. tell me whats going on?" I suggested again.

  "Yeah.. But if you don't mind.. Can you please put a shirt on?" His cheeks flew up in red. 

  In terror I looked down at my body, "...Fuck." I cursed. 

I was about to turn back into my room when I heard my parents call me, startling me. I soon found myself hanging onto a branch of the nearby tree down below. Where Chase & I had many adventures on, 

  "God damnit!" I sighed as I hung annoyed topless on a tree.

  Chase couldn't help himself from laughing and I could even hear it from down here, "Are you going to help me or what!" I yelled up. 

  "I'm on my way Princess!" He chuckled as he hopped off his sill and onto the branch I hung off of. 

  He extended his hand out to me, and with my free hand I grabbed on as he pulled me up. The way he pulled me up was kind of weird, because in the end I ended up on his lap. Chase's face was clouded again, expressions overflowing. 

  "So.. Uh.. What's the problem again?" I said as warm summer air brushed against my skin. 

  "I.. Fell in love with someone I shouldn't have." he crinkled his nose. 

 "YOU FELL IN LOVE?" I screamed loudly, as many birds fluttered out from the trees. 

  "Yeah.. But its not that easy to explain.." His cheeks burned red again. 

  "You know you can tell me anything right?" I smiled at him, truly caring about my best friend. 

 "Yeah.." his expression switched to something different. His harsh expression was filled with.. Softness? Gentleness? I couldn't find the right word. I found myself looking up at him in the moonlight, wondering about the things that ran through his mind. 

  "Dani.." He said quietly poking my cheek with his index finger. 

  "Yeah Chase?" I asked, tilting my head to the left like a Cat. 

  "I'm going to kiss you okay?" 

-------------------------------------

oops i did it again 

HERES A CHAPTER

LOVE YOU ALL

SORRY FOR THE CLIFF

LOL

BYE

ill be back soon

I swear <3

- carafunk