Chapter 19

Blades POV:

I opened my eyes slowly only to be blinded by light, my body ached but my lungs hurt the most. I try to open my eyes again squinting at the light until my eyes adjusted, looking around the room I was in I noticed the oxygen mask on my face.

The room was like an infirmary, sitting up despite my body's screams of protest I saw Karai asleep in a chair next to me. I took the mask off my mouth sitting it on the small table next to my cot that's when I saw Baxter.

Bandages covered his legs, arms and some were on his face he was hooked up to the same machine I was. The oxygen mask over his mouth and nose and the IV tube in his arm, looking down at my body I saw my uniform had burnt marks on it my right arm was wrapped from my wrist to my shoulder.

Karai moaned and opened her eyes when she saw me her eyes grew, she jumped making her fall out of the chair. She sprang to her feet and said "Blade your awake! How do you feel?" I winced some and said "Lungs on fire but other than that I'm just peachy."

She must of noticed my eyes shift between her and Stockman because she said "Don't worry he's fine, he woke up a few hours ago he was worried about you." I looked at the small scientist and said "He looks worse than me..."

She nodded and said "He gained more burns but that's because he was under his desk...you risked your life to save him." I sighed and asked "So how long have I been out?" Her gaze feel to the floor so I asked again "How.long.was.I.out?"

She sighed and said "A day, patrol is in 2 days." I nodded and went to get up when she stopped me, "You can't get up your still injured!" I rolled my eyes and said "I'm fine...I have to get up Shredder is probably mad that I got hurt."

With the turtles (Raph's POV):

Its been a day since the explosion and its my shift to watch the screen to see if Leo's wakes up, Dexter woke up almost 2 hours asking about Leo. Karai told him to rest and he did now she was asleep in the chair next to Leo's cot, he isn't burnt as bad but he inhaled more smoke.

I saw movement on the screen and leaned closer I swear I saw Leo's eyes open, seconds pasted and I was right Leo opened his eyes squinting at the light before his eyes adjusted.

He slowly sat up I could tell he was in pain, he took the oxygen mask off putting it to the side he looked right at the scientist, Leo studied the small man for a few moments before looking down at himself. His foot gear was burnt but I think it looks cooler with the tears and scratches makes him more intimidating.

His mask tails were the same torn at the ends making it look cooler, then he looked at his arm seeing the white faux went from his shoulder to his wrist. Karai caught mine and his attention as she began to wake up, in seeing Leo she fell out of her chair.

She quickly asked "Blade your awake! How do you feel?" Leo winced and said "Lungs on fire but other than that I'm just peachy." I saw his crimson eyes going from her face to Stockman's, "Don't worry he's fine, he woke up a few hours ago he was worried about you." Leo looked at the small scientist and said "He looks worse than me..."

She nodded and said "He gained more burns but that's because he was under his desk...you risked your life to save him." Leonardo sighed and asked "So how long have I been out?" Her gaze feel to the floor so he asked again "How.long.was.I.out?"

I could tell he really wanted to know I would too if I was in his shoes, She sighed and said "A day, patrol is in 2 days." Leo nodded and went to get up when she stopped him, "You can't get up your still injured!" I rolled my eyes same old stubborn Leo.

"I'm fine...I have to get up Shredder is probably mad that I got hurt," he said. With that he stood up walking to the infirmary doors heading to the throne room. I stood from my chair and walked to the lab entrance and said to the guys "Leo's awake he's head to the throne room."

Donnie rushed over hurrying to the computer and Mikey ran to Master Splinters room to give him the news, I walked over to Don and watched the screen as Mikey and Splinter entered the lab.

With Blade (no POV):

The turtle entered the throne room, Shredder sat upon his throne and looked up at Blade. The armored man stood and said "Blade your awake...I thought we lost you for a moment." The turtle spoke "Master I am sorry for being injured...I just couldn't let Stockman die."

Oroku Saki nodded and said "I know... I am not angry that you saved Baxter it's good that both of you lived." Blade let out a sigh of relief that he was unaware of holding in, the BLACK banded turtle kneeled and said "I will train all day since I missed yesterday's training."

Saki walked up to the turtle placing his hand on his shoulder and said "No need you have done well today is an off day training will resume tomorrow then patrol." This shocked Blade...but he didn't argue he only nodded and said "Thank you Master."

With Blade (his POV):

I was waking out when a burning pain tore through my bandaged arm, I didn't show my pain and hurried to my room. I didn't know if my brothers were watching but at this point I didn't care once in side my room I closed the door before falling to my knees in pain clutching my arm.

I tore off the bandages only to see symbols  form on my arm, once the pain stopped I looked back at my arm. Four swirls covered my right arm at my shoulder was an orange swirl then a purple one right under the orange. Red was next and on my wrist was a blue swirl.

The pic up there ⬆️ is what the swirls look like and I know his gear has black wraps over his arms well they were taken off his right arm in order to treat the l

UPDATE: (2023) I've noticed a few people cannot see the image that I referenced. So here it is, I hope this helps those who could not see it before.

 So here it is, I hope this helps those who could not see it before