Chapter 12

~Harry's POV~

Almost 2 weeks have passed since Louis and I confessed our feelings towards each other, but nothing's really changed. I was hoping that he would ask me to be his boyfriend but I realized that that's probably not going to happen. Maybe I should ask him, I wondered.

As if he'd ever say yes to someone as disgusting as you.

I shook my head trying to rid myself of these tormenting thoughts. Why can't they just go away? I don't want to live like this anymore, I wanna be normal. Happy. But no matter what I do, nothing ever changes. I still find myself wishing that I wasn't alive.

"Harry, would you like to tell the class why you've been dozing off? I'm sure we'd all love to hear it," my obnoxious teacher said.

I turned towards the front of the classroom and focused my attention on him.

"No, I uh I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

He nodded and continued on with the rest of the lesson. I sunk down into my seat hoping that the spotlight was now off of me. I hate being the center of attention.

Once the bell rang signaling that class was over, I grabbed my things and made my way to my last period. This is one of the few classes I actually have with Louis.

I rushed through the crowd of people making an effort to not hit into anyone. When I reached my destination I entered the room and swiftly took my seat. Since I was one of the first people to arrive, I watched as the rest of my classmates poured into the room. I kept my eye out for a certain blue eyed beauty but he never came.

Halfway through class I heard the door open loudly, causing everyone to look in that direction. My first thought was that it must be Louis. It wasn't. I sighed in disappointment, wishing that he could be here.

I wondered where he was and why he wasn't in class. Hopefully, he's okay. I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to him.

When school finally came to an end, I hurried to leave. The second I stepped outside I noticed Niall waiting directly outside the doors. I gave him a questioning look.

"What's up, man. Who are you waiting for?" I asked.

He gave me a small smile and replied, "You, actually. I was wondering if you'd want to hang out." We both stepped to the side so that everyone could exit without us being in the way.

"Sure. Where do you wanna go?"

"How about the bakery downtown? It's only like 15 minutes away and I could use something to eat." I nodded and we began walking to his car.

~Niall's POV~

I took my keys out and unlocked the car as we grew closer to it. We both slid inside and put our seatbelts on. I turned the radio on as I began driving and smiled to myself. This was going to work out perfectly, I'm gonna make sure of it.

You see, Louis' been trying to figure out how he should ask Harry to be his boyfriend for a while now. He wanted it to be special and unique but also make sure that Harry was unsuspecting of anything. That's where I come in.

I'm supposed to keep him distracted while Louis finishes getting everything ready. Harry is going to love this.

~Harry's POV~

I looked out of the window for the majority of the ride, just watching as all the cars passed by. The drive was longer than I expected, but still not that bad. I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped outside.

We headed towards the bakery and went inside. As I opened the door, a bell went off to alert any employees that customers have entered. I noticed a big red and white sign reading "Help wanted!" Maybe I should get a job here, I could use the money.

We got on a relatively short line and decided what we wanted. When it was our turn to order, we were kindly welcomed.

"How may I help you?" a pretty brunette asked us.

Niall told her what he wanted first and then I followed. After waiting shortly, we received our food and went to go find a table.

"So does that cinnamon roll really taste that good, or are you just starving?" I asked with a laugh.

With a full mouth and not a care in the world, he spoke. "It's like heaven." He then proceeded to point it at me as if he was motioning for me to try some.

"Woah, you're actually gonna share. I'm surprised," I joked. He pouted and took the snack away from me.

"That wasn't nice, now you can't have any." He stuck his tongue out at me and I shook my head fondly.

We continued talking until we were both done eating. "So what do you want to do now?"

"I wanna show you something," he said as he smirked like he knew something that I didn't.

"Okay..." I agreed skeptically while wondering what's in store for me.