Chapter 4

oKAY CAN WE TALK ABOUT DRAG ME DOWN. THIS WAS LIKE LITERALLY THE BIGGEST FUCK YOU TO ANYONE WHO SAID THEY COULDN'T DO THIS WITHOUT ZAYN. THEY REACHED NUMBER ONE ON ITUNES WITHIN AN HOUR OF ITS RELEASE WITH NO PROMO!! IM SO *wipes tears* PROUD OF THEM. Okay sorry lol anyway here's the shitty chapter.

~Harry's POV~

Louis and I were talking when my phone started ringing. I was about to decline it but when I saw that it was my father I knew I couldn't.

"I'll be right back, I'm sorry" I said giving him an apologetic look. I made my way out of the room and braced myself for whatever he was going to say as I finally answered his call.

"Where've you been, you selfish piece of shit? I'd ask if you were with friends but it's obvious that you don't have any. You're revolting, it's no wonder no one wants to be around you." He was laughing as he slurred his hateful words through the phone. Great, he's drunk again.

"Get your pathetic ass over here. Now!" He hang up before I even got a word in. Not that I'd bother, it would only make things worse if I did.

Sighing, I walked back over to where Louis was. I really didn't want to leave. He's even more amazing than I'd imagined but I doubt that he'd ever talk to me again.

He gave me a small smile before asking if everything was okay. It's not. Nothing's okay. But I couldn't tell him that.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Thank you so much for helping me. Normally people just walk the other way or pretend they didn't see anything." But not him. He's different.

"You don't need to thank me for that. If I saw it sooner, I would've stopped it before any of this happened." He motioned towards my cuts and bruises. "Does that happen a lot? I really had no idea that they were doing this to you. I'm so sorry."

"Um yeah but don't worry about it. You didn't know, it's not your fault." I reassured him. "Anyway, I should probably go. I've got loads of homework and stuff."

I could've sworn he looked a little disappointed but it was probably nothing. It was nothing. He doesn't care about you Harry and he never will. The voice in my head said but I tried to ignore it even though it was true.

"Yeah, of course. Do you want me to drive you? I don't think walking would be a good idea after what happened today." I smiled at that. He was so nice. I really wanted to say yes but I couldn't. I can't risk my dad seeing him, but more importantly, I can't risk him seeing my dad.

"No thanks. My house isn't very far from here. Some fresh air will do me good anyway, yeah?" He nodded.

I was standing right next to the door, about to leave when Louis grabbed my arm. I looked at his hand and he quickly removed it. I wish he didn't.

"Uh sorry I was just wondering if I could get your number? You seem like a nice guy and I'd really like to get to know you better. Maybe we could hang out sometime?"

I didn't know what to say. Why would he wanna keep talking to me? Why would he wanna be around someone like me? Part of me thought that maybe this was some kind of sick joke but I didn't think he was capable of doing something like that.

I shrugged and said "Yeah, I guess that'd be fine" as I handed him my phone. He quickly put his number in and gave me his phone so I could do the same.

Once we exchanged numbers, I thanked him again for everything he'd done for me and started walking home.

I can't believe how today turned out. My day started off as complete shit but now I had Louis' number and he wanted to see me again. I was happy. I was actually happy. I wish I felt this good all the time. It's to bad nothing lasts forever...