Chapter 20: For You I Will

"Who's next?"

"We need to figure out who's the mastermind," I said under my breath, getting out my Physics book from my locker.

Alfie sighed, ruffling his dark hair and leaning his back on the locker beside me. "Well, we know Lawley, Wood, and McKinley had something to do with it."

Based on the way they reacted that forsaken day, they sure as bloody fucking hell had something to with it.

"What about Oakley?" asked Kurt, looking at us.

Kurt was probably the only one in this school who didn't refer to that dude as Big Oaf Oakley because they were practically the same size. I recalled the time that oaf had to knock me out in junior year when I was beating someone to death.

Good times.

"Not sure about him," I admitted, shaking my head. He didn't look as vindictive as the other three mentioned. In fact, Big Oaf just looked rather uninterested.

"Don't you think they all came up with it together?" wondered Frisco.

I considered it, and shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. They seem like the type to blindly follow a leader, though."

"You think someone else is involved?" asked Connie, with a frown from beside me. She was putting back some of her books inside her locker.

"Dunno," I replied, shaking my head.

I had no fucking clue. I wanted to say I knew everything we were supposed to do. But to be honest, I was just going with the flow. Not to mention, we had to be extra careful. Who knew this shit needed much work and planning?

Payback could be such a headache. She was a bitch, after all.

"Hey, I have an idea on who we should target next," said Alfie. When we all looked at him, he grinned wickedly. "Cameron Wood."

Ah, the dickwad who talked shit behind my back freshman year.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why?"

My best friend scratched his chin, his green eyes wandering to the people passing by. That was his thinking move. I tilted my head.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked curiously.

His green orbs met my blue ones. I saw a wicked gleam in them.

"Let's just say it ain't gonna be pretty," he promised.

I stared at him for a second, before nodding and facing my locker to close it.

"Fine, but give it a few weeks. We don't wanna make the grown-ups suspicious."

"Roger," replied Alfie, saluting to me. He turned to Frisco and put an arm around him. "I need you to plan this shit with me, dude."

Frisco blinked, clearly taken aback. "I'm no good in evil plots."

Damn right, you're not.

"Trust me," chuckled Alfie. "This time, your chivalry comes in handy."

"Why would you –"

I lightly slapped Kurt's chest with the back of my hand to stop him, clearing my throat as I nodded to the girl coming towards us. Their heads turned to that direction.

"Let's talk about it later," I told them. "Seven on the dot, white house."

They muttered in agreement.

"Wow, that's a nice tan," said Connie sweetly to the brunette who had preppy written all over her as she neared us.

Oh, shit. I knew where this was going.