Chapter 23 - "You are one strong girl, Walker."

A.N: Before you start reading the chapter, I just want to say a few words.

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN TWO MONTHS!!!!!!! I'm in my final year of college and it keeps me really, really occupied. Now I understand what the other authors mean when they give the same reason. I'm sorry for making you all wait, and I'm trying my best to continue this story. I'm not gonna quit it, don't worry, but updates will be slow, sorry :( Thankyou everyone for sticking to this story, your support is what motivates me to work on this story. From the bottom of my heart, you all are very awesome :) Seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cindy's P.O.V:-

At the police station, the police interrogated me and Luca. Nicole confessed her crime in a very shaky state and was put in lockup for the moment. The police had informed her family and from what they told me and Luca, she was going to rehab to treat the psycho side of hers. As for Gabriel, the police were trying to locate his family, if he had any, and have his body dealt with.

The paramedics had treated Luca's wound in the ambulance, since it hadn't become a major injury, thankfully. They had also given me a checkup and treated the minor wounds and blisters I had gotten due to being tied up for long.

"Thankyou, officer, but there won't be any need to call my family. Luca said, his voice carrying a rare serious and official tone, as we sat across the head police officer, a table separating us.

"And what about Ms.Walker?" The officer turned to me, I didn't take long to decide my answer.

"No officer, thankyou. My father is rather busy with work these days, I don't wanna stress him out. I'll tell them myself." I told him and the officer inspected Luca and I with his eyes for a moment before he nodded. I watched as Luca gave him necessary information to complete the case file, giving in my bit wherever needed, and the case closed without spreading further. How he managed to convince the police without any adults being involved or informed, I could just guess.

Big family name influence, I supposed. He is Luca "Andrews".

"Thankyou for all the help, officer." Luca said as we stood and he shook hands with the cop. I thanked the cop as well, then he ordered another one of the policemen to take us home in one of the police mobiles and make sure we reached home safely. We followed the other policeman out of the station and sat in the car he led us to. He asked for our destination's address, and Luca looked at me.

"I'll them your address first." He suggested. "So I can make sure you've reached home safely."

"No!" I said quickly. I imagine walking into my house and being showered with Sandra's questions and taunts.

Not yet. I thought. I'm honestly too tired right to deal with her and her daughters just yet.

"What do you mean?" He asked with a frown.

"I....I'm not ready to tell my family everything yet. I'm....tired." I told him. He stared at me for a moment then nodded, turning towards the cop and told him his own address. When the car started moving, he turned back to me.