Chapter 22 - "There wouldn't have been a dead body among us."

A.N: So... Let's pretend that I wasn't gone for so long and haven't updated since forever. Yay! Happiness for everyone!

Recap:

Then I heard a loud bang of the gun shot, as I was thrown to the side as Nicole stumbled back from her own gunshot, and I saw Luca's eyes widen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cindy's P.O.V:-

I gasped in shock and my breathing stopped momentarily. It was like watching the scene in front of me in slow motion. Luca froze as I stared in horror.

"No....." I whispered, fearing the worst, but to my immense relief, Luca moved and turned around, and the slow-motion vanished immediately. The relief left as quickly as it came, as I noticed, with eyes wide with shock, what Luca was facing.

Gabriel was on the floor, blood oozing out of chest, his breaths coming out ragged. I stared, physically frozen, but my mind raced with thoughts.

He's still a human. We can get him chucked into prison later, but something needs to be done right now.

But...he's a criminal. He caused me so much trouble...

My mind was in a fix, conflicting thoughts consuming it, but before any of us could do anything to help Gabriel, his eyes flickered to me as a faint, sinister smile spread across his face. He took his last breath and his eyes became blank and his body, still.

I felt somebody dumped a bucket full of ice cold water on me. I had never seen someone get murdered in front of me. It wasn't a pleasant experience, watching someone breath one last time right in front of your eyes, actually seeing signs of life leave their eyes.

"Oh my God..." Nicole's whisper-like voice brought me out of my shocked and confused state. "Oh my God..."

"What the hell Nicole?!" Luca said loudly. "Who let you hold a gun when you don't even know how to use it?!"

'What is he doing?! She might shoot again if she panicked! I thought to myself. 'And this time, he's definitely the target!'

"Luca don't-" I began to try and calm him down but he gave me a pointed look and I closed my mouth again.

"Hand me the gun before you hurt anyone else!" He demanded, stepping towards Nicole who was shaking badly. "Give it to me." He reached out a hand.

"NO!" She yelled. Her voice was shaking along with her body. "St-stay back! Or I'll...I'll shoot! I don't wanna hurt you!"

"Exactly." Luca said. His voice had suddenly softened, like he was talking to a scared child. "You don't wanna hurt me, right? You're shaking, you might lose control of the gun and shoot again. And if you shoot at me, I'll be hurt. Come on, just give me the gun." He held out his hand towards her.