Chapter 14 - I was in jail.

A.N: Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

"Miss.Walker, we brought you here for questioning." The brunette officer, who looked older than the blonde one, informed me.

"Questioning? What for?" I asked, my forehead creasing in confusion.

"In case of Sandra Walker's accident."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cindy's P.O.V:-

"What?!" I asked, genuinely shocked.

"Your mother, Sandra Walker has been in a car accident just a while ago and we suspect you have a hand in it." The brown haired police officer informed me.

"What?!" I asked in surprise. "How am I a suspect?!"

"Because you hate her!" Stella burst out. "This morning, you fought with her and stormed out of the house and she left a while after you did. I know you did something for revenge because she insulted you! Tell us!" She was screaming in fury.

"Miss, please calm down. Let us question her." The other officer spoke.

"She tried to kill our mom!" Chelsea yelled.

"No I didn't!' I yelled back.

"Please calm down!" The officer spoke again, sternly this time. "We're gonna have to take you to the police station for further questioning."

"What?! You can't do this!" I said. Because honestly, they couldn't. I didn't do anything. I didn't even know Sandra had gotten in an accident.

"We can, miss, and we're gonna have to take you to the station for questioning. Please come with us. If you're not guilty, you'll be free after the questioning." The blonde cop said.

Correct. I hadn't done anything so I'd be free, right? So I followed the officer and got into the car, Chelsea and Stella pushing themselves in afterwards.

The car to the police station was silent, as expected, and nobody made any movement, except for Chelsea and Stella glaring at me and occasionally threatening me.

When we arrived at the station, the police officers led us to a room, in which they sat behind a table and I sat across them, Chelsea and Stella sitting on either side of me.

"So Miss.Walker, as you know that you are brought here for questioning in case of Sandra Walker's accident." One of the cops started.

"Yes." I replied. "But can I ask first that where is she and how am I a suspect? And how did she get into an accident?"

The two officers exchanged glances between themselves before one of them said. "She lost control of her brakes and crashed into a tree. Thankfully, it wasn't fatal but she got some injuries. Some of the people who witnessed the accident, informed us and took her to the hospital."

"And how am I suspect?" I repeated.

"Your sisters here informed us that Sandra is your step-mother and you always had fights with her. They also informed us that you tried to cut her earlier while she tried to correct your cooking."  My jaw dropped open in disbelief.  "Just this morning, you had another fight with her when she was going to drop off your father at the airport, and you left the house. Stella said that she witnessed you lurking around your mother's car before leaving, which leads us to the suspicion that you messed with her car's brakes for revenge. Is this true, Miss.Cindy Walker?"