Chapter 15 - "YOU?!"

Cindy's P.O.V:-

(ONE DAY LATER)

One day. It had been a whole day since I was put into jail for something I didn't do. I just sat in a corner, feeling helpless and crying. I was helpless. My father didn't even know about my position. I wondered if he had called home and if he was informed about the whole situation. I doubt that Chelsea and Stella had informed him, or else he would have atleast called here, if he couldn't come back home immediately. Did my friends know? I hadn't done anything, so why was I in jail?!

What is wrong with the officers?! I thought. Why don't they believe me?! They're doing their job wrong! How could they put an innocent person in jail without any proof?!

I looked at the clock on the wall across from my cell. It was 4 pm. Time for my shift at The Andrew's house. I wondered if they knew why I wasn't coming to their house for work. Though it had been only one day. They must've thought I took a leave or something. I wondered who was the new victim of Lucass while I wasn't at school today. Meh, he could easily pick any other girl to annoy. 

Was I thinking about Luca Andrews?! In jail?! Though, to be honest, I would have gladly let him annoy me for a whole day without punching him, if they would have just let me out of jail, free of charge.

I was just staring at the clock when the lady officer, who came to take me to the lunch room yesterday, arrived and unlocked my door. I got up and silently followed her to the cafeteria. On the first day here, I tried to escape, because I was innocent and an innocent person didn't deserve to be in jail! But they caught me easily, and the officer lead me back to the cafeteria after a bunch of warnings, with another officer accompanying us.

I hate this. I wanna go home. I thought. I know this sounded a bit childish, but I was panicking, I had never been in jail before. If only my mom was there, she would have got me out of jail. She was a smart woman. Heck, I wouldn't even be in that mess if she was there! But she wasn't.

With a sigh, I shook my head and followed the lady inside the cafeteria and sat down among a group of people. I wondered if all of them were actually criminals or if some of them were innocent like me.

Soon after lunch, I was sitting in my cell, picking on my nails when an officer arrived and unlocked the gate to my prison. I watched in confusion.

"Come out, you've been bailed." His words sent a wave of shock and hope storming through me and my heart jolted up. Bailed?! Who bailed me?! Was it dad?!

"Bailed?!" I repeated my thoughts, speaking fast and quickly jumped to my feet. "By who?!"

"Your father." The officer replied blankly, confirming my thoughts. I got out of the cell and he locked the gate behind me. He then led me towards the head officer's desk, across from which my father was sitting.

"Cindy!" He exclaimed and stood up as I came in sight. I quickly rushed over to him and he engulfed me in a big hug. He pulled back shortly and turned to the officer. "Thankyou officer, we will get going now."

The officer nodded. "Very well, Mr.Walker. We will contact you if needed, regarding your wife's case."

"Alright." My father replied and turned around, his arm around my shoulders, and I walked alongside him. The officer that led me out of the cell escorted us out of the jail and walked back inside after we thanked him.

A minute later, my father and I were in his car, on our way back home.

"I'm so sorry you had to spend time in jail, pumpkin." My father started. "I'm sorry I couldn't call home when I was out of city because I got very busy with work then went straight to sleep. This morning, when I came back home, Chelsea and Stella informed me what happened. I was really shocked and mad at why they didn't inform me before that something so big had happened. I don't know why they couldn't prove you were innocent because I know you didn't mess with your mother's car brakes."