Chapter 27 - Nope. Not dramatic at all.

"Ummm, hi." I say, awkwardly smiling.

"You're Aunt Sandra's daughter, right?" She asks, stepping forward to shake my hand. "I remember from a picture on Stella's Facebook."

"Yeah, I'm Cindy." I confirm.

"So, what are you doing here?" She repeats her question which makes me snap out of my mental chant.

No no no no.

"Oh, I'm Stacey's trainer." I decide that not knowing the complete truth would not affect her health, so I give her half of it. Not like I owe her the complete truth anyway.

"Ohhhh." Her mouth forms an o. "Great." I nod in return.

"Well, I'll see you later." She smiles and leaves the kitchen with Luca who mumbles something along the lines of "Small world." with wide eyes.

"I agree." I say to Krista with a deep huff when only the two of us are left in the kitchen. "Small world."

She chuckles. "Right?" With that, she leaves the to set dinner. For some reason, she doesn't let me help her with that task at all.

I sit idly in the kitchen for a few minutes before my phone begins to ring. Mother.

"Hello?" I say into the phone. 

"Cindy, I want you to come home. Now. We have guests coming over and I want you to cook dinner." Her urgent voice comes through the phone and I frown.

"I can't, I'm at work!"

"Leave early then!" She demands, increasing my frustration towards her.

"And why?! Because my perfectly capable mother is suddenly disabled now?"

"How dare you-"

"Seriously mother." I don't even bother to raise my voice. "I thought people like you existed in stories only, but you've proven me wrong once again.

"Do you want me to tell your father?!" She threatens harshly.