Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Edited

Sailing to an island unknown 

Failing to find your way home

You walk under a sea

Leagues beneath us.

~~~~~~~~~~

Zach's POV

We were losing her, there was nothing I could do to help, and I felt beyond helpless. She wasn't in a coma, more on the verge of death. My parents comforted me but it wasn't enough, I wanted Bailey, I just couldn't have her.

I laid down on the bed and signed, I wasn't going to turn into one of those mates that break down and mop all day, Bailey wouldn't forgive me if I did. I got up and went for a run, I had killed Dean. I just wish I had gone there in time to save Bailey.

Bailey's POV

I didn't know if I was dead, alive or having an outer body experience. Because I could hear everything going on around me but I could swear I can see my mother in a green forest wearing her favourite white sundress.

I looked at her and frowned,

"You've got yourself in a lot of trouble, Bailey"

Her smile was full of excitement, god how I missed that smile.

"Mum? Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"Is it all over, all the fighting and kidnapping?"

"Yes it is dear but not for you’’

"Huh?"

"You've got to stay alive and break out of this coma, for Zach's sake"

"Mum I miss you, you and dad"

"Well that's good because he was nervous so I went out instead"

My father came out and I ran into his open arms,

"You have grown up to be the most brave and beautiful girl. I couldn't be more proud of you"

"Thank you"

"It's time for you to go. We love you and hope you have nothing to fear for the rest of your life."

"You've always been so corny"

He smiled and I hugged my mum before the scene disappeared and I woke up. I hoped out of the bed and startled the nurse,

"Luna please, you must rest"

"I'm fine; I've been in worse situations."

She nodded and I walked out the door. I went to my room and had a shower before getting dressed. I walked out and people smiled at me as I passed them. I followed Zach's scent into the forest and found him lying about in the sun.

"Come on you lazy bones. We've got work to do"

"Not right now Bailey"

I signed and leaned up against the tree letting it sink in.

3

2

1

Zach looked at me and stopped, probably afraid I would disappear.

"If you hug me nothing will happen"

He ran at me and took me into his arms.

"Bailey. Bailey you’re okay"

"Yeah"

"But what are you doing out of bed"

"It's okay, mum, I'm fine" I said with the roll of my eyes and grinned at him,

"You've always been a strong one"

Zach kissed me before giving me another hug.

"What happens now?" I asked

"What do you mean?"

"It's all done, the rouges are gone, and Ash is gone along with Dean. What now?"

"We move on. We forget all that and run the pack together and...." He got down on one knee and I couldn't help but blush a little because I knew what was going to happen next.

"Will you marry me?"

I glared at him,

"No way!"

"What?" He said in disbelief.

"Joking! Of course I will" I jumped into him arms and breathed in his scent. He was the one I wanted. He was the one I could have and that was never going to change, never.