Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Edited

I was nervous, I was about to accept a marriage to Dean. My hand shook behind my back as I walked into the clearing were we met yesterday. I put on a brave face and found him leaning against the tree.

"Ah, Bailey. What brings you here?"

"I...I accept your marriage proposal"

"Why the change of heart?"

"Zach and I got into a fight. You were right. You’re the only one for me"

I can't believe I'm saying this!

"Oh is that true? Then I accepted as well. Come along now"

I walked with him and he took my hand. In the inside I was gagging and shouting, noo!

"Welcome to the pack" he waved his hand around in front of him. This place was bad, people ran around in human and in wolf form but even the humans seemed more wolf then human.

I followed him with my head high and a glare on my face. No one was going to take me down. I know I wasn't meant to be looking for a fight but I couldn't help it, I was an alpha after all.

He turned towards me and had a bracelet in his hand; it looked like a miniature shock collar.

"Here put this on, if you betray me I just have to press this button and it will zap you till you die."

My eyes widened, this isn't good, and I can't let him but that on me. It would ruin everything.

'Zach! Zach!!!!' I yelled through mind link panicked.

'What bailey?! What's wrong?! What's happening?!'

'He-he wants to put a shock bracelet on me so if I betray him, it'll zap me till I die!’

'Bailey gets out if there! Aboard mission! Well find another way to get them, I promise' Zach pleaded,

'This place is heavily guarded' I said looking around, 'I won't be able to make it out'

'Dammit! I'm coming, stay there. Don't let him touch you'

'Don't come. It's too dangerous'

'Bailey-'

'I love you Zach, but-"

‘Don’t talk like that, we'll find a way to get you out of there, I promise I wouldn't let anything happens to you, didn't I?'

'Yeah'

I stopped talking to him and looked at the bracelet; I kicked it out if his hand and grabbed him by the neck. I was pulled backwards.

"I knew it was a trap. Take her to the sell tent" Dean ordered.

They took me to the 'sell tent' I found the children in there.

"Luna!" Said one of the girls, about ten.

I looked at her sadly as one of the men put a chain around my wrist.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you guys" I whispered.

'Bailey? Are you there?'

'Yeah...'

'I'm coming, hold on'

'But-'

'It's okay; I've got everyone behind me, Damien, Your brother and Blake all want to get you back safe and sound. It's making me kind of jealous'

I cracked a small smile,

'You’re the one and only'

'Thank you'

One of the men came and put a shock bracelet on my wrist. I didn't tell Zach, he needed to save the children's lives. If I were to die I would be ready for it.

I had experienced loss, sadness, love, pain, hope and happiness. I had a great time with my mate and pack, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I hung my head and admitted defeat. Howls rang out and I knew he was close but he wouldn't make it in time, I knew he wouldn't, because that's when Dean came through the tents doors, with the remote in hand.

"Any last words?"

"Go to hell!"

"Not yet" he said with and evil laugh, he pressed the button and my body seized up. The shock went from my wrist then thorough my whole body.

I coughed up blood; it ran down the side as my mouth. Dean was tackled to the ground and the remote flung from his hand and broke. The bracelet came off but it was too late.

Zach got the chain off my other wrist. I fell to the floor,

"Bailey! Bailey comes, please say something! Bailey!"

'Zach I'm sorry'

'No I'm sorry; I didn't make it in time'

He grabbed my hand and I tightened mine around his. Why did everything seem like a goodbye?

'I love you' I said before closing my tired eyes.

Zach's POV

"Bailey! Bay! Come on, please! Don't leave me" I begged, my tears fell onto her face as I moved her head in to my lap.

A hand went on my shoulder; I looked up to see Blake, Nathan and Damien. I picked up Bailey bridle style and carried her out. They had released the children, but I didn't care anymore. I only cared about one thing, keeping Bailey alive.

Our packs gaze fell on the Baileys body, some cried and others froze, not knowing what to do.

I looked at Bailey's pale face, I remembered something Bailey said to me once, something I didn't understand but now I get what it means. She said,

'This is a love story. I never knew there were so many kinds if love or that love could make people do so many different things.

I never knew there were so many different ways to say goodbye.'

~~~~~~~~~~

Folded in my arms you're a butterfly in reverse giving up your wings inheriting my curse,

You’re letting go of

Me

You’re letting go