Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Edited

My pack went back into training mode; rouges were not our problem anymore but the pack that had declared war on us.

Zach took over the alpha roll and it felt weird being called Luna and not alpha. People stopped turning to me with the problems of the pack but went to Zach instead.

It felt depressing not having the respect I had once before but I covered up my sadness quite well, not even my mate could detect it.

I signed as I hit the punching bag; I kicked it then hit it again, taking out all my frustration and anger. After about 2 hours later I sat in a chair and brought a bottle of water to my lips.

A bit of sweat rolled down my face and I looked outside. I saw children running around freely, parents worrying about a crying girl who fell over and scrapped her knee.

The mother cleaned it and put a Band-Aid over it then kissed her head. The little girl ran off and a smell had me looking in the other direction, a oh so familiar girl stood a few feet away eyeing me, she smiled.

"Bailey"

"Alana"

I stood up and she ran at me, tackling me sending us both to the soft grass. She giggled before getting off me,

"It been forever since I last saw you, when your parents died."

"Yeah"

"So still alpha?"

I frowned

"No, my mate has got that position"

"Huh?"

I told her my story and she wanted to find Drew and rip his throat out. I held her down and went for a run with her.

People were in the training grounds, training with the alpha.

"Hey want to have a kick boxing match like old times?"

"We have no gear"

"You have boxing gloves"

We ran back to the pack house, grabbed our stuff and went back to the training grounds.

"You’re on'' I said to Alana,

"Oh no" Jade said, knowing where this going to lead.

We had no head gear so it was easy to get hurt. I kicked her in the stomach and then punched her in the jaw. Determination was in her eyes, she wants to win this fight and so do I.

An hour later I kicked her in the stomach and punched her in the face making her fall backwards and giving up making me win.

I took off my glove and held out my hand for her. She took my hand but dragged me down. I moved off her and just lay on the ground.

"Come on, let’s go take a shower"

She just beamed at me; we got up and started towards the pack house.

"Thank-you for cheering me up, I needed that but how'd you know?"

She swung her arm around my shoulder,

"I've known you since you were born, I can read you like an open book. And losing you position is a big thing"

"I need help with something"

"Sure what"

"My brother needs a pack to run; he is starting to itch and going for more runs than usual. He needs a pack to run" I repeated the point, more to myself then anyone else.

She ran in front of me jumping up and down.

"I know, I know"

"Yes?"

"There is a pack nearby, like over the border that needs a new alpha."

"Alpha Blake?"

"No, not on that side, the side that way"

She pointed to the forest,

"We can go there after we have a shower" Alana asked.

"Sure"

We had a shower and got into some new clothes; I grabbed my brother and dragged him through the woods with the help of Alana.

We got to their pack house, I knocked on the door and the beta opened it up my face brightened.

"Alana, this is your pack"

"I know, we need an alpha"

"Is that way you brought me here?" my bro asked

"Maybe" I turned towards the beta, Vincent. "Hey Vince, we are here about the alpha thing'

"Yeah"

"And my brother needs a pack to run"

"Anything for you Bailey, ever since that time" he glanced at Alana, "plus we need an alpha and who better than your own flesh and blood"

"Nathan do you want it?"

"I guess. Yes I will take it"

I smiled I guess I can I can make someone else happy.

I was brought into a big hug,

"Thank you, sis. This is big"

"I know it's not our family pack but you could make it your family"

His blue eyes shined with happiness as he nodded happily. I gave him a big smile before we walked back to our pack house, leaving Alana with her mate