Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Edited

"What! How!" Zach asked shocked

"He said he had his ways or more like I think he might been listening in on us"

"Great, just great. How do we know he isn't a spy?"

"If he was, who is he working for?"

"And why, your protecting his mate" Damien said, I looked at him and signed, I looked around the room and got up.

"Where are you going?" Zach asked,

"To get some info"

"How?"

"I have my ways, bye"

I walked out the door and into my car; I drove over to a person who I know and who knows everything there in to know about things that happen.

I stopped at his house and knocked on the door, he opened it and smiled,

"Ah, Bailey, come on in and sits. It has been awhile and it looks like you have found your mate"

He said while looking at my mark,

"Yeah, I don't have a lot of time and I need to know if you know anything about Ashton and James along with Alex."

"James is not a spy; Ashton has turned evil due to power and Alex in a pond in this fight"

"Fight?”

"James and Ashton are brothers, James was separated from Ashton and when James shifted he found his mate but was forced apart from her when he was banished from the pack. He came to you and Alex just barely escaped."

"Okay! Thanks"

I went out the door and drove home, I stepped back into the room and told them everything,

"How do you know it is true?" Zach asked,

"My friend used to be on the council but he left"

"He?"

"He is like, older then my dad"

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Zach asked

"Nothing, we wait"

"For what?"

"For them to make the first move, they could be all talk and no action. We might make the wrong move by charging first for no reason"

"Now I see why you were an alpha" Damien muttered, "I've got to go, bye" he left and I looked over at Zach.

He smiled at me and got, he walked over to me and lifted me up before sitting down, putting me on his lap. He kissed my neck before putting his face in the crock of my neck. I leaned into him and relaxed.

How was I going to deal with James? Speak of the devil he walked in with a look that could kill.

"Well, well, well. Look at the two infamous alphas, what are you going to do now, Bailey, you ain't using Alex for your messed up plans"

"We're not" I said, I looked over at him, James, quick as a flash, picked me up and slammed me against the wall. I let it happen and kept a calm face although my wolf wanted to rip him to pieces.

James growled at me and slammed me against the wall again. He was ripped from me, and Zach stood in front of me, protecting me from James. Zach growled at him deadly, Janes smirked and walked out.

I slumped against the wall and Zach turned towards me, his face relaxed and Zach brought me into his arms.

"Why did you not fight back?"

"What's the point?"

Zach lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I put my head into his shoulder, I felt him walking and next thing I know I'm put onto something soft; our bed.

I look at him and he smiled down at me,

"You need some rest; you've been working too hard lately"

I nodded and took off my shoes before sliding under the covers and closing my eyes; I curled up and fell asleep.

I woke up to a really loud bang downstairs, I got up and tied my hair into a messy ponytail before heading downstairs. I looked around and saw a broken vase and the coffee table knocked over, I was still tired.

I followed the noise to see some guy fighting and not paying to attention to anything that is happening around them, I looked at the people,

"Where's Zach?"

They just shrugged,

'Zach?'

'Hey babe, why aren't you sleeping?'

'Some people are fighting and I can't yell at them to stop, they broke some stuff and woke me up. Where are you?'

'I went for a run, be there soon'

Five minutes later Zach appeared and told them to knock it off; he put them in separate rooms and walked over to me. I was picking up the large broken pieces of the vase.

"I'll do that, go back to bed" Zach said and kneeled down next to me,

"Okay" I yawned; Zach gave me a quick kiss before pushing me upstairs.

I crawled back into bed and went to sleep,

I was awoken again by Zach coming out of his shower, he smiled at me and went into the closet to get changes, and he came out and sat next to me.

"My sleeping beauty"

"Prince charming" I mock bowed,

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head, I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head on his shoulder,

"Do you think it is fake or true? This war I mean"

"I think he is after our land as well as Alex"

"We do have a big estate"

"Yeah, how did you get it?"

"My father got the land but I maintained it with the help of the pack. I had to prove my worth before I could gain the packs trust, it wasn't easy but I wouldn't change it for the world"

"Yeah" Zach muttered into my hair, I closed my eyes and slowly drifted asleep in the arms of my mate.

The last thing I felt was being put down and Zach brining me to his chest.

~~~~~~

Zach's POV

I woke up and smiled at Bailey, she was beautiful when she slept. I got up, careful not to wake her and went downstairs to cook her breakfast.

I went upstairs and opened the door but dropped the tray when I took in the scene before me, Ashton had Bailey and a knife was to her throat.