Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Edited

I helped my brother move his stuff into the Greenwood pack, the one he was now alpha of.

I hadn't seen Zach much since he became alpha; I guess he takes his job seriously. He comes to bed late at night and leaves early in the morning without much of a goodbye.

I put the last of my brother’s stuff into his new room before saying goodbye and walking back to my pack house.

I smelt Blake and I grinned, at least I will have someone to talk to. I frowned when I saw him talking to my mate and didn't as so much glance my way. A small scream came from my lips as I was tackled to the ground, I looked backwards to see Alana.

"Didn't your mum ever teach you not to sneak up on people let alone tackle them to the ground?"

"Maybe, I don't listen much"

"Obviously"

She smirked at me before getting off; I stood up and dusted myself off before walking inside. I glanced at my mate, he just looked at me gave me a small smile. I glared at him before opening the door and going inside.

I went up into my room, Alana silently followed,

"What's going on with your mate?"

"He doesn't have time for me anymore, so why bother"

Alana stayed silent; I had a quick shower before putting on a white top with black sleeves, blue faded jeans and black biker boots. I let my hair down. I grabbed Alana and dragged her out into the backyard. I waved at Corey and his mate before walking over to a tree and sat down.

''Any news?''

"No"

"Bailey!" I looked up to see Zach's mother. "Zachary has been looking for you"

"Well I have been here"

"Who is she?"

"My friend, Alana. Her mate is beta of the Greenwood pack, the one my brother is now alpha of"

"I wanted to ask you about that" I looked to see Zach.

"We better leave" Alana whispered to Zach's mother before they went off.

"What about?"

"You gave him to another pack without talking about it with me!"

"Zach you've let the alpha thing go to your head, your losing sight of important things in your life!"

"What important things?"

I mimicked him,

"Me! You've forgotten about me!"

"Bailey...."

"Don't Bailey me; you said we were in this together. But I guess not"

I was about to walk away but he grabbed my hand; he brought me to his chest, trapping me in his arms.

"I could never forget about you Bailey, you’re the love of my life"

"You’re not showing it"

"Because I want to protect you, I don't want our pack to be threatened especially when it is against you" he growled, I pulled back and looked him in the eyes,

"Alpha mate say what now?''

"They want to take what is most precious to me, so we could exchange"

I balled my fisted into his shirt before burring my face into his neck, his arms wrapped tighter around me, he tucked my head under his chin.

Zach rocked us slowly side to side; he grabbed my chin and made me look up at him,

"I love you Bailey, don't ever forget that" he said softly, I nodded and Zach's lips connected with mine, his mouth trailed down my neck making me shutter.

"Zach...." I whispered,

"Shhh, just trust me"

He bit down, marking me, making me his. I clung to him, he licked the mark cleaning it before he looked at me, and I raised an eyebrow.

“Just in case, so I know if you’re in danger or not''

I just shrugged but smiled up at him.

"I've got a meeting with the surrounding packs, do you want to come?" Zach asked,

I grinned and nodded, Zach entwined our fingers together before we walked off into the meeting room.

I sat in a chair, drumming my fingers against the table. The door opened and my brother walked in, he looked at the mark before waggling his eyebrows, I just gave him a face.

"Hey sis"

"Hey" and Nathan sat down in a chair

The door opened and Alpha Blake walked in, I grinned at him before waving, he walked over and sat next to me.

"How you holding up?"

"I'm okay now" I said glancing at Zach from the corner of my eye. He smiled at me; I turned my head all the way before smiling back.

"It was a total shock to all of us when you gave up your alpha position early. You loved being alpha"

My smile dropped

"Actually being alpha was the closest thing I had that made me feel like I was doing my parents a favour but....... It was time to let go" I whispered while looking at my brother who nodded.

I had watched my parents die right before my eyes, my mum screaming at me to run. I was haunted by those memories for a long time but Corey and James helped me through it all. I had repaid Corey but this was my chance to repay James.

I laid my head on the table, a hand went on my shoulder and shocks followed, and I know Zach could feel my sadness.

'You okay Bailey' he asked through mind link, I nodded and gave him a smile.

Soon all of the surrounding packs alphas were here.

I mentally growled when alpha Damien came in, he was a guy with a huge ego and tried to get into my pants more than once.

He gave me a flirty smile which my mate saw; Zach gave him a low threading growl which held power before walking back over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. Zach glared at him as Damien's eyes shifted to my neck were the mark was.

Alpha Damien smirked but did nothing. He really pisses me off.

Zach welcomed everyone and told them about what was happening. The Dark Moon Pack was bigger than us and stronger. Alpha Blake, Andrew and my brother offered to help us and Zach kindly took their helping hand.

Damien stayed silent the whole time. I looked at him; he was glaring at my mate. Damien's mate rejected him because he was a big man whore. I look like his mate but she has blonde hair while I have brown.

He tried to get me but I told him off and Corey made him go away with the help of James.

Alpha Damien was always the guy who wanted something he can't have. The meeting was dismissed, I stood up and stretched.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom as Zach showed the alphas out.

I got dressed into my pyjamas before sitting on the bed. Zach walked in, he smiled at me before picking me up into his arms, he brushed his lips against mine before leaning his forehead against mine, looking me in the eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He leaned in and placed his lips against mine.

"I love you Bailey" he muttered against my lips,

"Love you too"

He placed me on the bed and well....you probably know what happened nex