Chapter 23

Sebastian's POV

Things were going pretty well. It had been a week since Caden had gotten his tattoo, and his mood improves greatly each day.

I wanted to take him on a date to a nice restaurant. He had never been to one before, and I think it'll be a nice experience. Plus I wanted to take him on a proper date.

"Caden, do you want to go out tonight on a date?"

He looked up at me and smiled. "I'd like that."

"I bought you some nice clothes before I brought you here. They're in the closet. Dress nicely. I want to take you to this nice restaurant I know."

I leave him to go make a reservation for later. Luckily today wasn't busy for them, and I was able to get a reservation for 6 tonight. We had two hours to get ready and get there. The restaurant is 45 minutes away.

I dressed in black slacks and a white button up shirt. I left a couple of the top buttons undone showing some of my chest. I put some dress shoes on and styled my hair in a just got out of bed way.

I waited in the living room for Caden. I didn't have to wait long. He was walking down the stairs a minute after I did.

His outfit was the same as mine, but the shirt was a navy blue and all his buttons were done. His hair was neatly styled.

"You look amazing." I said to him breathlessly. I walked to him and pulled him in for a small kiss.

"You don't look so bad yourself." He said. There was a hunger in his eyes that I recognized. I felt the same hunger.

"We should probably leave before I decide I want you for my main course." He blushed a beautiful pink color and nodded his head.

We were getting closer and closer. I didn't know I could fall anymore in love with him than I was a day ago. I was wrong. Each day I saw a new side of him, and I fell deeper in love.

When we got to the restaurant I told him to wait. I quickly ran around the car and opened his door. I took his hand and we walked into the restaurant.

"Hi welcome to Luigi's. How can I help you?"

"Yes we have a reservation for Sebastian Cole."

She looked at the computer screen then ushered us to a table.

"Your server will be here in a moment."

Everything in here was painted a deep red and the furniture was all black. It was really lovely in here. Romantic.

"Hi, I'm June, and I'll be your server for tonight. What would you like to drink?"

"I'll have a glass of red wine. What would you like love?" I asked Caden. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her stiffen up.

"I'll take the same." He replied.

She didn't say anything else to us and just left.

"That was rude." Caden said a little sadly. His happy mood had decreased some.

"It was." I'm positive she isn't pleased that we are gay. This is a small town in the south after all. "Try not to let her ruin your night."

She came back with the wine and roughly placed the glasses on the table.

"What are you eating?" She gave us disgusted looks. I saw it effecting Caden so I grabbed his hand and squeezed reassuringly.

"Do you have a problem with us?" I asked calmly.

"Yes actually I do. You are disgusting. Nobody wants to see you holding hands or kissing or calling each other love. It's disgusting to be gay. I wish all of you disgusting faggots would die."

"I'd like to speak to the owner please." I was calm on the outside, but seething on the inside. How could people be so hateful?

She just stormed away. Five minutes later, I was convinced that she wasn't going to be getting the owner. I flagged down another server.

"Could you do me a favor, and get me the owner of this fine establishment?"

"Of course. It's your lucky day. He's only here three days out of the week. He'll be out in a moment."

Three minutes later, a man wearing a suit walked up to our table. By now I can see the tears falling silently from Caden's eyes.

"How can I help you gentlemen?" He asked respectfully.

"Yes, your server June was extremely rude to my boyfriend and I. She actually said some hateful things, like wanting us to die. I just thought you would want to know."

"I'm so sorry Sirs. I'll make sure she's taken care of immediately. Your meal is on the house."

"Actually we didn't get the chance to order and I don't think we will. Thank you anyways, but I think we'll be leaving."

"I'm truly sorry for her. If you ever come back ask for me and I'll make sure your meal is free."

"We won't be coming back, but thank you anyways." With that I stood up and helped Caden up. I tucked him into my side and held him close as we walked through the restaurant. I could here people talking about us. Some in support of the server, and some in support of us.

We got into the car, and I turned to Caden, wiping his tears away.

"I'm so sorry love. I wish I could have protected you from that."

"It's fine." He whispered. "Not everyone is going to be ok with us and our lifestyle."

"I know, but dammit, I hate you are going through more crap! When is it going to end?"

"Never." He said simply. "Life will have its ups and downs, but I know with you I'll be ok."

"I think we should move." I blurt. We are never going to be accepted here.

"I think you're right. Where to?" He asked softly.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll talk to Jerry tomorrow and see what he has to say."

He looked uncomfortable. "I was actually wondering if you would consider retiring from helping them. It scares me that you are putting yourself in danger.

I also don't like that you are finding people for them to kill. Even though they are horrible people it still seems wrong."

"I'll think about it." I said. "It's not going to be easy. They might not let me. I know too much. Let's try and figure out one thing at a time ok?"

"Ok" he agreed, and we headed home.