Chapter 15

Caden's POV

"Please don't!" I yelled as he used the butcher knife to cut my shirt off. I knew it was useless though. I wouldn't be able to stop him. I was at his mercy.

"Now where to begin?" He asked. He placed the knife above my right peck and made a line, blood welling up from the cut.

"Ahhhh!" I cried out from shock and pain. The cut wasn't too deep, but it still hurt. Nothing I couldn't handle though.

He made line after line, curving the blade at some points. The pain all mashed together and built up to unbearable levels. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. All I could think about was the pain.

I managed to open my eyes again and looked down. My chest was covered in blood. I could barely make out the cuts he had made.

"There. That looks good. Now what?" He asked as he headed to his torture table. I panicked. What more could he do to me?

He grabbed some iron cuffs that were linked together with a chain. He put the cuffs on my wrists before he untied them from the chair. He yanked me from the chair and I tumbled to the ground.

"Get up!" He yelled pulling on the chain. I stood up on wobbly legs. The pain of my chest almost crippling.

He took the chain and connected it to a hook hanging from the ceiling, making me stand on my tiptoes. The cuts on my chest stinging painfully from the strain.

"Now the real fun begins." He said as he started to undo my pants. I knew what was about to happen, and I cried even harder. I had no hope of making it out of this either alive or sane.

Sebastian's POV

I was speeding, going as fast as I could. How could this be happening? What is going on? Is he ok?

Questions bombarded my mind. I couldn't think straight. My worry for him overriding everything else.

I knew I needed to calm down and think things through. Without looking, I opened the glove box and pulled out the gun and silencer I had in there. I put the silencer on the gun and rested it in my lap.

Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous about what I would have to do. I knew it had to be done to keep Caden safe.

I had never had to kill anyone before. Mostly I just watched the target and reported back to whoever hired me.

I was more of a private investigator then an assassin. I just make the assassins job easier.

That doesn't mean I didn't learn a thing or two from them.

After driving for 10 minutes, I parked down the street from the house and got out.

The house was pretty small, for that I was grateful. I walked up to the house and tried to see in, but the curtains were drawn together.

I went to the door and listened carefully but didn't hear anything. I checked the door to find it unlocked. I slowly walked in and looked around, gun raised and ready.

Nothing.

I checked all the rooms.

Nothing.

I heard some muffled noises and tried to find where it was coming from. They were loudest in the kitchen.

I looked around. I didn't see a door, but that didn't mean there wasn't one. I remember Caden's old house had a built-in storm shelter, and the door to it was in their kitchen. It was across from their refrigerator. I looked at the refrigerator and the wall across from it, then at the floor. The floor had a slight discoloration.

I looked at the refrigerator and knew the door was behind it. I slowly moved it to make as less noise as I could, but the muffled noises from the storm shelter were getting loader and more frantic, sounding almost like screams. I moved it faster.

When I had it moved far enough away for my body to slip through, I opened the door.

Noise assaulted my ears. I could hear Caden crying out, "Please don't do this!"

Then I heard skin hitting skin and Dimitri say, "Shut up!"

I raced down the stairs and was frozen in horror. Caden was chained to a hook in the wall, standing on his toes. Blood covering his chest and completely naked.

A man that I vaguely recognized was standing behind him with his pants around his ankles.

I lost it. I ran up to the man and pushed him away from Caden. He didn't see me coming and tripped on his pants, sending him to the floor with a cry of alarm.

I was on top of him before he could blink. I couldn't tell you how many punches I landed to his face. I could only tell you the satisfaction I felt as his nose broke, his jaw.

Through my blind rage I heard Caden tell me to stop. I didn't want to stop. I wanted him dead, and even then I don't know if I could stop.

"Sebastian, I need you." Those words were what snapped me out of it. I stopped and looked at Dimitri. He was unrecognizable. His eyes were swollen shut. His nose was laying flat against his face. There was blood everywhere.

I was horrified at what I had done. What I was capable of. I almost beat someone to death with my bare hands.

I looked at my hands in disbelief. My knuckles were bleeding and swollen.

I looked at Caden and saw him looking at me with shame. He was trying to hide himself with his legs, but couldn't.

I stood up and ran to him. I quickly undid his cuffs and held him to me. He cried out in pain and I immediately released him.

I took my pants off and gave them to him, turning around to give him privacy. I felt a few tears slip.

I put an unconscious Dimitri in the chair and tied him to it. I looked at Caden and saw him crying uncontrollably.

"Caden, let's go home." I said defeatedly. I had failed in my job to protect him. I told him I wouldn't let anything happen to him, but he was hurt. Severely.

When we made it to the SUV I took my cellphone and called Jerry. Caden was in the car silently crying now.

"Jerry" I said when he picked up. "Send a member of your team to finish this. He's almost dead, I just couldn't finish it."

"You got it. I'll send in some cleaners with them."

"Thanks Jerry. Caden's in bad shape. He got him, and I didn't get to him fast enough."

With that I hung up. I needed to take care of Caden.

"Thank you." Caden said. "You got there before he could...you know."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God." I whispered. I thought I had gotten there too late. "We'll be home soon love, and can work through this. He can't hurt you anymore."

Author's Note:
Thank you for all the votes and comments! It really helps motivate me to keep writing.

If you liked this feel free to vote, comment, and follow me!