Chapter 4

I woke up disoriented. I didn't really remember what happened. Things were blurry in my mind.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was how cold I was and how comfortable my bed was. That didn't seem right though. It was the middle of summer, I didn't have air conditioning, and my bed was so old I could feel the springs poking out in certain areas.

I opened my eyes and froze. This wasn't my house. Then I remembered. Everything came back all at once, and it didn't help that whatever he had given me gave me a horrible headache and a queasy stomach.

I slowly got off the bed and tried to not make noise. I slowly made my way to the door. I was expecting it to be locked but it wasn't.

I stopped and listened at the top of the stairs. I could hear him singing softly to himself, and I was confused as to why I liked his voice. It was deep and rich. Soothing. It sounded like he was in the kitchen because I could hear pans and smell food.

I slowly made my way downstairs, but on the next to last step it made a loud squeaking noise and I froze. The singing had stopped.

I decided to make a run for it now. He had heard me. I skipped the last step and ran to the door. I tried the handle, but it was locked. I unlocked the deadbolt and the lock on the nob.

As I was turning the handle I heard him behind me.

"You're awake. I hope you're hungry. We can go outside later if you like. I know how much you like to be outside." He said as he grabbed me from behind in a hug that trapped my arms by my sides.

He didn't let go or wait for a response. Just turned around with me in his arms and walked to the kitchen. I didn't even think to struggle. All I could think about was how awkward it was to walk this way. We had to shuffle our feet, and sometimes his feet would hit mine and trip me.

He took me to a chair at the table and sat me down. In front of me was a plate piled with food. Eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and sausage. I looked at him with shock. All his plate had was eggs and bacon.

"I can't eat all this. Why did you take me? I want to go home. I don't understand what's happening. Where am I?"

He looked at me with a small smile. "I bet you can eat all that. You haven't eaten a decent meal in a long time. And the last time you ate was yesterday before your shift and its 1pm now. You know why I took you. I love you. I made this home for you. For us. It's actually not far from your old house."

"I don't care. I'm leaving." I pushed my chair back and stood up, but before I could move he gripped my wrist hard. One wrong move and he could break it.

"Let go you're hurting me." I whispered. I hadn't seen this side of him. He was always happy and smiles around me. This was dark and dangerous. Deadly.

"I'm sorry, my love. You can't leave. We are meant to be together. I know you feel our connection. I've been preparing for this for five years. I know you're probably upset that I drugged you..."

"Yes I'm upset! I'm pissed! Who does that?!? If you like someone you freaking ask them out, not just take them. You're freaking psyco!"

He gave me a hard look, and I knew I should have just kept my mouth shut. He stood up slowly while still holding my wrist in his death grip.

He pulled me up to him until we were chest to chest. "If you don't love me know you will. You'll see." He said with a fierce look. I almost believed him.

He leaned down and I knew he was going to kiss me. He was going to take my first kiss. A tear rolled down my cheek as I closed my eyes.

Instead of kissing me like I thought, I felt soft, warm lips press against my forehead.

"Sit." He said and walked to a drawer. I was in a daze and did as he said. All of the sudden I felt him grab my arm and tie it to the chair. I started to struggle.

"No! What are you doing?" I tried to keep him from getting the other, but he was too strong.

"I'm tying you up so you can't run away or try to escape. Don't worry. I know you're hungry so I'll feed you. Just think of it this way, it'll make us closer." He said with a warm smile.

I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was, and it made my stomach queasy. Who had thoughts about their kidnapper like that?

After he finished tying me up he grabbed his seat and sat down beside me.

"What would you like to eat first?" He grabbed the fork and poised it over the plate.

I didn't want him feeding me. It was humiliating. I wasn't a baby, and my stomach was turning at the thought of eating. I didn't want to make him angrier. Lord knows what he would do.

I decided to go with the lightest thing in hopes that my stomach would keep it down. "The eggs."

He started to feed me the eggs. As soon as I had the first bite I realized how hungry I really was. In no time I had devoured my entire plate, and was forced to sit there while he finished his. We sat in awkward silence.

What made a person want to kidnap someone? If they wanted someone that bad let the other person in on your feelings instead of letting them fester like this! He couldn't be right in his mind.

"Don't worry love. I have so much to show you. I have everything you have ever wanted or liked. That's why it took me so long to bring you here. For us to be together."

All I could do was stare blankly at him. I didn't know what to say or think anymore.