Chapter 17

Caden's POV

I woke up in pain. I groaned as I sat up. The pain was harsher than it was yesterday, probably because I wasn't numb anymore.

I got up, and went to the bathroom to re-dress my wound. I gathered all the supplies and started taking off the bandages, wincing every now and then.

I pealed the gauze off and cringed. It looked horrible. They were puckered and crusted over with dried blood. I looked into the mirror to get a better look and lost all ability to breath.

MINE

SLUT

DIMITRI'S

WHORE

The words were carved into my skin. Dimitri's name the biggest across my chest, claiming me as his.

I sank to the floor and brought my knees up, hugging them and crying. I was crying uncontrollably.

How could he do that to my body? I'm going to be stuck with these scars for the rest of my life. Now I know why Sebastian looked so upset.

Sebastian wasn't in the room when I woke up. He wouldn't know I was in here crying my eyes out. I don't know if I'm grateful for that or not.

The words kept running through my mind. Slut, whore, mine, Dimitri's. Over and over again those words ran through my head.

How could I survive this? Did I even want to? It would be easier to just end it all.

Sebastian's POV

I woke up at my desk in my office. I must have fallen asleep here after my phone call with Jerry.

I thought about Caden's chest and dreaded him seeing it. I knew it would hurt him more than receiving the marks. He believed that it was just random marks, but it wasn't. These were deliberately done.

SLUT

WHORE

MINE

DIMITRI'S

It hurt that he was marked as someone else's, but not as bad as knowing how hard this is going to be for Caden.

I decided to go check on him. If he's awake, I'll do his bandages too. I grabbed some painkillers and went to our room.

He wasn't in bed when I got there, and I prayed he hadn't seen his chest.

I went into the bathroom cautiously, scared of what I might find. I didn't see him right away. He was behind the door in the corner.

I walked up to him and noticed his frantic movements.

"Stop it!" I yelled. He was using his nails to claw at his wrists. They were bleeding, but it didn't look like he had enough time to do too much damage.

I grabbed his wrists and pinned them behind his back. I held him to me even when he tried to struggle.

"He ruined me. I'm ruined! I'm disgusting. I can't live like this!"

It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Love, you're still perfect. This is just skin. Don't let him win. Don't let this control you. Don't let this break you."

"How can I not? It's right here!" He said looking down at his chest. "Every time I look at myself I'm going to see this."

"Love, try and let things heal. I have an idea to get rid of these. I won't let you live with this, because I know how it makes you feel. I'll take care of you."

"What could you possibly do to get rid of these?" He asked confused.

I had been thinking about this since I saw his chest with blood covering it. I wanted to turn something negative into something positive for him.

"I was thinking we cover the scars with a tattoo." I watched his face as he thought about it.

"I don't know. I've never really wanted a tattoo."

"You don't have to decide now. You can decide whenever you want. You still have to heal. I think it would be a good idea. Maybe a tattoo about your parents. Something that means something positive to you would help you."

"I'll think about it." He whispered.

I cleaned up his wrists and chest and bandaged them. I hope he choses to get a tattoo. He'd look pretty hot with one too.

"Why don't you go lay down and rest while I get you breakfast. Here take these." I said and gave him the painkillers.

Caden's POV

Sebastian went to get me something to eat and I thought about his idea. It wasn't a bad idea at all. I wasn't worried about the pain. Receiving this was painful, so I wasn't worried about more pain.

I had no idea what I would want to get though. I don't think I want anything pertaining my parents. It would still remind me of Dimitri.

I don't want a Phoenix. That seems kind of cheesy.

I still had a while like Sebastian said. I still have to heal.

I decided that after I ate, I'd look online for some ideas.

I think I'm getting a tattoo.