Chapter 7

Caden's POV

I woke up to Sebastian softly shaking me and saying my name.

"We have a big day ahead of us. I want to take you somewhere. I was also thinking really hard last night. Would you be willing to try 'us' for a month? If you still don't love me then I'll set you free."

I thought about it. A month really wasn't that much time, and I would be able to go home! I could definitely do a month.

"I can do that." I said and saw a huge smile break out on his face.

"Thank you! You won't regret it!" He said hugging me. I was frozen in shock. He was hugging me! He shouldn't hug me! Then I remembered I said I would give it a try so I slowly started to relax. I didn't hug him back though. It's too soon, and he kidnapped me.

"So where are you taking me?" I questioned worriedly. I still didn't trust him. He could be taking me to my death.

"It's a surprise. It's my favorite place to go when I'm not around you."

"You mean when you aren't creeping on me?"

"Caden!" He said with a little anger. "You said you would try."

"I know. I'm sorry. It just kind of came out."

"It's fine. Get ready then come downstairs for breakfast."

With that he left me, and I knew I upset him. I feel bad about it. I shouldn't though because he kidnapped me. Why would I be nice to him or have sympathy for him?

That's right, he said if I try he'll let me go. I can do it.

I  got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I went back to my room in just a towel. I had forgotten that I didn't have any clothes with me. Hopefully there was some in this room.

I looked in the drawers of the dresser and found all of my clothes. He must have taken them from my house! When did he do that though?

I tried not to think about it too hard. I didn't want to think about him invading my privacy and home like that. Not if I wanted to "give this a try", because I would probably regret what I would say.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen. He was at the stove cooking again. This time he was making pancakes and bacon.

I went to the seat I was tied to yesterday and sat down. I hope he didn't tie me up again.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to tie you up again. You said you'd try. Here, the foods done." He said and sat a plate of food in front of me.

I grabbed the syrup and put it on my pancakes. I hated to admit it, but my kidnapper was a good cook. Everything was done perfectly. So was yesterday's meal.

"This is really good." I said timidly. I was afraid of speaking. I didn't know what his reaction would be.

"Thank you." He said with surprise written on his face. I don't think he was expecting me to talk, let alone compliment him.

The rest of the meal was silent except for the scraping of a fork on the plate or the clink of a glass being sat down. I enjoyed the silence. It was strangely peaceful, which is what I need after these days of chaos.

When we were done we sat our plates in the dishwasher.

"Let's go ahead and leave. It's like a five minute walk from the house."

He then lead me outside but didn't touch me. A small miracle. We went to the back of the house and headed on a trail that lead into the forest. It was creepy and awe inspiring at the same time.

After about five minutes of walking , we came to a small clearing that had a creak running through it. There were colorful flowers all around. It was breathtaking.

I felt a sense of peace here. I could stay here forever. The outside world just disappeared. I wasn't kidnapped. I didn't need friends. I didn't need money. That's how it felt. No worries. Like I was one with nature.

I always loved nature, but I had never seen a place like this before.

"This is amazing." I said in awe. "How did you find this place?"

"It was one day after your parents died. I saw how bad you were grieving. I was really upset that I couldn't help you. That I couldn't be here for you. So I went wondering around in my woods. That's when I came across this. I found peace, and I knew you would too, so I decided when we were finally together, I would show you this. This can be your little slice of heaven. When you feel like you can't handle me any longer or you get upset, you can come here."

That was sweet of him. I didn't want to admit it, but it was. If he wouldn't have kidnapped me and stalked me, things could have been so much better.

"I love it here." I said walking up to the water. I took my shoes off and put my feet in the water. It was nice and refreshing. I looked at the water and could see the rocks on the bottom. It was that clear.

"It looks like you've been here a lot. There's a trail leading here that wasn't originally there. Why else do you come?"

He looked sad for a moment. Lonely. I gestured for him to come sit beside me and he did. Not too close though. I was grateful for that.

"I've never really fit in. I've always been different. It probably had something to do with the way my parents behaved.

I came from a wealthy family that wanted everything to seem perfect in their lives. They didn't want their reputation ruined. So when I came out as gay they gave me a checking account with a million dollars in it. They then told me I had to leave the state.

You are probably wondering why I just listened to them. Well my father abused me. Physically and emotionally. As he would hit me, he would tell me how worthless I was. How no one wanted me or would ever want me. That I'd have to kidnap someone to be with me because that's the only way I could have someone. No one would want to be with me willingly.

That's why I did what I did to you. I had to have you, and I knew you wouldn't want me. My father told me that all the time."

I understand him a little more now. Why he did what he did. It doesn't forgive everything, but I understand where he got his mind set from. Maybe I could help him?