Chapter 18

Caden's POV

A week had passed, and I still didn't know what I wanted. It still hurt to look in the mirror and be reminded of what happened and what could have happened.

For the most part, I tried to avoid looking at it or thinking about it. I was ready for this nightmare to be over. It just seems like it's one thing after another.

My parents were murdered. I was kidnapped. I find out my parents aren't who I thought they were. My Aunt is killed. I'm kidnapped again and carved into.

When did it end?

I didn't try to commit suicide again. One reason being Sebastian made it a point to always be with me, not that I would do it if he wasn't. I've had time to think about it, and I don't want to leave this world in such a negative way.

I was currently sitting in Sebastian's office looking for the perfect tattoo. I didn't really have an idea of what I want. I know it'll probably have to be darker coloring and pretty big.

I was searching chest tattoos on the Internet and saw some cool tattoos, but none of them would do a good job at covering my scars.

I had probably gone through a hundred pictures when I stumbled upon it. It was beautiful. It was a realistic looking owl head. I wasn't positive if it would hide the scars but I was willing to talk to a tattoo artist to see.

"I think I found what I want!" I said to Sebastian. He looked up in surprise and smiled. He hadn't heard me this happy in a long time. "I don't know if it'll be able to cover the scars, but we can talk to an artist. Maybe they can change it to fit my needs."

"Of course. Let me see." He got up and looked over my shoulder. "That's beautiful. I think they'll be able to make it work."

"Do you know any tattoo artists?" I asked. I wanted to make sure whoever was going to give me this tattoo knows what they are doing.

"I've been doing some research and found someone that might be able to help. They take clients who have gone through surgeries, amputations, or bad scaring and tattoo them. You can't even tell there were scars there. I'll set up a consultation with them to see if they are willing to help. It'll still be a while before they can tattoo, but it's always nice to plan ahead."

I was actually happy for the first time since this happened. I was excited.

Sebastian's POV

I wasn't going to get my hopes up until I knew for a fact that the scars could be covered by a tattoo. The scars weren't going to be too deep. He made the cuts just deep enough so they would scar.

I emailed the tattoo shop and told them about Caden, and they agreed to give him a consultation. We were one step closer.

"They said they'd meet with us. Our appointment is in two days. We'll leave today so we can enjoy the beach and don't feel rushed."

"Where are they?" He asked puzzled.

"They are located in Florida."

His eyes got wide. "We're going to Florida for me to get a tattoo? There wasn't anywhere closer?"

"No, they are the best. It won't take that long to get there. Just 8 or 9 hours."

"That's a long time to be driving, but I want these gone so I'll deal."

"I'm thinking they won't want to start tattooing for about 12 weeks. They are going to want to make sure everything is healed properly."

He nodded his head. "That's a long time, but it'll be worth it once they're gone."

"Why don't you go pack some things for us. I'll book a hotel room and figure everything out."

"Okay."

Caden's POV

I had never been to the beach. I was excited and nervous. I had just learned how to swim, and I wasn't all that good at it yet.

I went to the bedroom and found a suitcase in the closet. I packed both of our things in it. We didn't need much just a couple of changes of clothing apiece. I also packed our toiletries. It took about 30 minutes to get everything packed and downstairs.

"I packed everything." I told Sebastian as I walked into his office. He was just standing up.

"I finished too." He said. "I guess we can go now, unless you want to eat first."

"I'm good. I'm too excited to eat right now."

"Ok let's go then."

The drive was long. It took us 9 hours because we stopped to eat and get gas. I was so happy when we arrived at the hotel. My back was killing me from sitting this long.

We got checked in and went to our room. There was nothing special about it but there pillows. Feather pillows are the best.

"I don't want to do anything tonight. I just want to lay in bed and sleep." I was so tired. Who knew traveling could be so tiering. This was my first trip.

"We can do that. Do you want me to order some room service for supper?"

"Yes please." I said halfway asleep already.

"Ok. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat." And with that I was out.