Chapter 12

Caden's POV

The next day was going pretty slow for me. We weren't doing anything because he said he needed to work on some things. He was going to be in his office all day.

Since I hadn't really had time to look around before, I decided to do just that. There wasn't anything on tv to watch, and I wanted to see all the rooms of the place I was living.

I already knew the living room. It was pretty decent sized. There was a fireplace and the flatscreen T.V. was mantled above it. There was an L-shaped black couch. The ends could fold out to be recliners. The table that was in front of the couch was actually a heavy chest, very antique looking. I liked it.

There was no pictures or artwork hanging on the wall. Surprisingly it didn't seem bare because the walls were painted a dark red. Pictures or artwork would have been too much.

The kitchen was right beside the living room with no wall or door separating them, only a counter.

The kitchen was in sharp contrast to the living room. It was painted a pristine white with silver accents and appliances.

The dining room was next to the kitchen, separated by French doors. The walls were painted the same color as the living room. The table in the middle of the room could sit 8 people. 

I don't even know 8 people. So sad. Enough with depressing thoughts. I really liked everything so far. I wouldn't change a thing.

There was also his office down here. Not much to it. It had a medium sized brown desk with a computer on top. There were a couple of filing cabinets and a book shelf. It was probably the most boring of all the rooms so far.

There was a half bathroom beside the stairs in the same dark red color.

I went upstairs and looked in the first room I saw. It was a spare bedroom that looked like it hadn't been used in some time. Nothing really special about it. The walls were a cream color. The bed was a queen size with a dark blue comforter. The dresser was a tan color. Pretty boring.

This wasn't as interesting as I thought I would be. I guess I was expecting something more scandalous in one of the rooms.

The only other rooms up here were mine, his, and the bathroom. Should I go into his room? I shouldn't, but I am.

I walked into his room and looked around. A room can tell you a lot about a person. His room was painted the same dark red. What is his deal?! Everything was that color.

His bed was a queen size with a black frame. The comforter was the same color as the walls. His pillows were black. The colors looked amazing together.

The room gave off a brooding, lonely vibe. Someone who wasn't happy, but who could be passionate. I felt bad for him. I remembered what he had told me of his past and I could understand.

I walked up to his bed and saw a night stand. Now, normally I would have skipped over this, but there was a notebook laying on top.

I sat down on his bed and picked it up. I opened it to the first page and knew immediately I should put it down. It was a journal.

The temptation was too much. I wanted to know how he thought, what he thought. I wanted some insight.

I opened it up and began reading.

Entry 1:

"I saw him today. My soulmate. I don't know how I know. I just do.

I was just walking, thinking of the past, and there he was.

His body is glorious. Perfection. I wanted him instantly. I wanted desperately to go up to him and introduce myself, but then I remembered my father and what he always said to me.

No one wants me.

I decided then, that I was going to do everything in my power to have you. Even if that meant I had to kidnap you."

I decided to skip ahead a little. I already knew this much.

Entry 40:

"Each day my heart falls for you a little more. I can't help but see how pure and innocent you are. It takes my breath away.

People in the world today are so jaded and cruel. You are the complete opposite. You're always smiling, even when I know you're hurting.

You have no friends. I'm thankful for it, but I know how lonely this world can be. I see the loneliness in your eyes, and all I want to do is comfort you. To show you that I am here and will always be here. But I don't, because I know you will reject me. Everyone has."

That's so sad to think that he has been alone his whole life. His parents don't care for him. No one does. Well no one but me.

I can't help but to care for him. He's been through so much, and we all make mistakes. It's what we do after the mistakes that make us who we are. How can I hold this against him?

Entry 109:

"His parents died today and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I should have been able to stop it! He's going to hate me even more now! He has no one but his Aunt and me left, but he doesn't even know about me.

It's killing me to see him this upset and not be able to do anything about it. I have never felt this helpless.

I want to take him now! Away from all this pain and heartache. How much can one person take?

I know it's not the right time yet. Nothing is ready. He just needs to hold on for a little longer. Then he'll never have to feel like this again.

If only I could have prevented this heartache."

I read this and my heart clenched. He cares so much. He understands. He's been through this. His life has been nothing but heartache and loneliness. We could help each other. I skipped to the last entry.

Entry 1048:

"Today is the day! I'm so excited that everything is finally here. I can't wait to show him everything that I've done for him.

I would do anything for him, buy anything for him. It's so hard to sit still long enough to write this. I've been looking forward to this day for years. It's been too long, but I wanted everything to be perfect.

He deserves perfect.

I just hope he doesn't hate me for too long and can see what all I've done for him. How much I love him.

I just want someone to love me. Why doesn't anyone love me?"

The last line brought tears to my eyes. All I wanted to do was to go to him and hold him. So that's what I decided to do.

I walked back downstairs with the journal in my hand to his office and knocked on the door.

I walked in and his eyes looked first at my sad expression then to the journal I was holding. I didn't see anger for going through his things. Just compassion. He rolled his chair back some and held open his arms. I ran to him and sat down in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, and thank you for being there for me even when I didn't know it." I rained kisses all over his face, hoping to show him that I care.

"I might not love you yet but I think I'm almost there." I whispered and kissed his lips. There was no other way I could think of to say thank you for everything he has done for me.

He held me closer and kissed me back. It was a sweet kiss. One showing the love I was coming into, and the love he already held for me. It was perfect.

"I love you." He said after we broke the kiss. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. I was definitely close to loving this sweet, considerate, sexy man.