Chapter 8

We went back to his house. I'm not calling it home. It's not home. It's more of a prison.

After he told me about his parents we sat in silence. I was just thinking about how awful it must have been to grow up the way he did.

Currently we are just sitting here watching tv. He sat on one side of the couch, and I sat on the opposite side.

I still felt really uncomfortable around him, but could you blame me? I have no idea what he's capable of or what he might do to me. It kept me on edge.

I would steal glances at him. I couldn't help it. He is extremely attractive. I wouldn't look too long though. I didn't want him to catch me.

"If you want to look at me you can." He said giving me a smirk. I blushed and turned back to the TV.  I decided not to say anything back to that.

He scooted closer to me, and my heart started beating faster. I felt his fingers under my chin, turning my head to face him. I wouldn't look him in the eyes though. I decided it was safer to look at his lips.

That was a mistake. All I could think about was if they were as soft and plump as they looked. How would it feel to be kissed? I had never had a kiss.

"Caden, if you don't stop staring at my lips like that I won't be held responsible for what I do." He said, and it shocked me out of my daze. My eyes jumped to his. "I don't mind you looking at me. I enjoy it. It lets me know that you aren't unaffected by me. It makes my heart sing. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, love."

He let go of my chin then but didn't move back to where he was. I didn't mind so much anymore, but I was still extremely embarrassed.

Sebastian's POV

My heart was racing and my pants were a little tighter then normal. The way he was looking at my lips made me want to pounce on him, but I knew he had never been kissed. I didn't want his first kiss to be like that. He would hate me.

I had to take things slow, but it seemed like things were going too slow. Maybe I should speed things up.

I reached my arm up and put it on the back of the couch behind Caden. I wasn't breathing. Too nervous of how he would react to breath. All he did was stiffen up. I felt my breath rush out in an exhale. He didn't push my arm away or yell at me.

We sat like that watching tv. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6pm. Supper time. I went to move and heard a protest from Caden. He had fallen asleep against me.

I gently laid him down and went to the kitchen. I decided on making chicken quesadillas with French fries. After I was done I sat out the salsa and ketchup and made our plates. I took all the things to the table along with glasses for our drinks.

I went into the living room to wake him up.

"Caden" I said softly as I brushed my hand through his hair. He stirred a little and looked up at me. "Supper is ready. We're having quesadillas. What would you like to drink?"

"Do you have coke?" I asked. I knew it wasn't good for me, but I loved it.

"Of course. I know how much you love it."

I went back into the kitchen and he went to use the bathroom. When he came into the kitchen, I had our drinks ready.

He sat down, and we started eating. I watched his face to see how he liked his food. His face showed pure bliss.

"I take it you like supper." I said with a wide smile. He almost choked on his food from surprise.

He gave me a small smile. "It's really good. I haven't had food this good in a while."

I watched in amazement as he, yet again, devoured a meal in five minutes. I was only halfway done when he finished.

"I'm going to take a shower before bed." He said. I just nodded my head and tried not to think about him in the shower. The water running down his toned body. Him rubbing soap all over...

I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts. Instead I thought about asking to sleep in his room tonight. I knew the possibility was slim, but I wanted things to speed up.

I finished eating, and when I was done, he was also done with his shower. I went to his room and knocked on the door.

"You can come in." He said. I opened the door to see him laying on his bed looking at the ceiling.

I twisted my hands nervously in front of me. He looked at me confused.

"I was wondering if I could maybe, possibly sleep in here with you." I looked anywhere but at him. "I won't sleep in the bed with you. I'll sleep on the floor."

It was silent for a couple of minutes. I felt defeated. To my embarrassment tears started to form. I didn't want him to see so I turned around to leave.

"It's ok. I'll just sleep in my room tonight." With that I walked out.

Caden's POV

I felt like a horrible person. I saw how hurt he was and just let him leave. I even saw the tears in his eyes and the thickness of his voice from trying to keep the tears at bay.

I sat there for a while, and the guilt just kept piling up and up. I decided to go to him.

I knocked on his door and heard a sniffle. I felt even worse now. I slowly opened the door.

"You can come sleep in my room. I was just shocked you asked. I couldn't think."

I walked up to him and gave him an awkward hug. I knew I shouldn't have hugged him. I didn't want him to get the wrong impression, but I couldn't just stand by while he was crying.

I grabbed his hand and lead him into my room. I helped him make a pallet, and we laid down to go to sleep.

It was going to be a long night.