My Greatest Enemy (Short Story)

A/N: Last week in English I had to write a narrative. Below is the Subject. We were all pretty much almost done when the bell rung so I decided to show you guys what I do in class when I have fun. 'Fun'. I suck at writing normal persuasive essays which is why Narrative is how I roll. xD

Essay subject: a time you received encouragement from another person

The twisted feeling pierced my stomach, my hand shook and my heart then led, leaving an echo in my head which mocked me with every breath I took. My body shivered as I swallowed the knot in my throat. Stage fright was my personal bully. Gripping my instrument tightly in my hands I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. The audience consisted of only parents so why should I be ashamed? "because I love to see you fail miserably." Stage fright had won on e again!

Minutes passed and the screams didnt lose their energy. I, however, wished they did I. Face buried into my hands I attempted to ease the overwhelming power of the results of my greatest enemy. The tears continued without trouble and if it weren't for the screams and blurred vision I would have noticed the sound of the door open and close. Maybe.

"Pst." A very distant voice whispered. In denial of hearing it turned myself around to avoid any hope that could and would be molded from hearing another person's voice.

"What happened?" The voice said in seeing me react. "You know the music so don't let your nerves get the best of you."

I hearing this I attempted to respond but the only verbal command that would announce itself s a low whimper. The voice laughed then. "You'll play in front of the real crowd tomorrow. This was just a rehearsal and I know that you know your piece so just have fun with it next time, okay?"

I felt warmth then. Enclosing in on me, I felt my arms function on their own. There was a blurry figure before me. Whipping my tears away the figure embraced me. Holding me tightly. The figure assumed me of my sucess for the next day. Now back to reality, a small smile crept onto my face. The person holding me was my band director who basically was like another farther to me. Instrument in hand, he gave me a big grin and then pointed to my music. Playing it, I found myself lost in the fun he had mention earlier. "Just have fun with it!" His voice noted for me.

My feet felt heavy. There was no escape now that I had been introduced. Once again, Stage fright began to jab at me. I hearing my director's reassuring words I closed my eyes and imagined a different scenery in which placed my in a fun lace. Claps and joyful shouts evaded my mind. Returning back to the stage I smiled as I exited. I had won. For the first time I had won against Stage fright.