<14> Ice Cold.

/Jack's Pov/

Ok, so on my drive home this kid... Nico was in the streets, crying. I couldn't do anything but stop and see him. I mean, it's the beginning of a friendship right?

I park my motorcycle and get off before putting my helmet on the seat. I start to walk over to him and he looks up before burying his face in his arms to hide his face.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask "leave me alone." he says a little muffled. "Hey, I'm just trying to help." I say and he scoffs. "so whats wrong?" I ask sitting next to him Indian style.

"My dad..." he whispers surprising me that he even spoke back. "He kicked me out and he's gonna sue my uncle for something I did." he says and I nod.

"What'd you do?" I ask and he lifts his head and glares at me as I see his tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. He looked so sad and broken I felt like crying right next to him.

"What does it matter to you?" he asks venom laced in his words. "I'm sorry, just curious." I say ready to crawl in a hole. He sighs, lets his glare fall, and he looks to the ground.

He sighs again and buries his face in his arms again that was probably not very comfortable cause of his leather jacket. "Hey, I have an apartment. You could stay with me for a while if you like?" I offer and he shakes his head no.

"I won't burden anyone els with my problems." he says "it won't be a burden, come on." I brush my shoulder on his making him wince. "it'll be fun with you around." I say and he lifts his head before looking at cars as they pass us.

"Really?" he asks "really." I say and I can see him smile just a bit, but then it turns to a frown. "don't you dare bring up the movie TFIOS." he says and I chuckle.

"Don't worry." I pat his shoulder "I hate that movie too." I say and he nods before we get up and ride my motor cycle to my apartment only to find a visitor there.

"Jackie!" my sister cries before jumping up happily from the bed and running to me and hugging me. "Emma." I say before chuckling nervously as Nico looks at me an eye brow raised.

Them Emma pulls away and looks at Nico before her face pales like she was scared to death. I know how you feel. I thought. "Emma, this is Nico he'll be staying with us for awhile." I say and Nico waves at Emma looking like he was just reminded of an old memory.

"H-help." Emma whispers and I shush her. "I mean hello." she says before fake smiling and waving at him. He sheepishly waves again before Emma runs off. "sorry she's my sister." I apologize but he waves me off. "it's fine, nothing I'm not used to." he says and I sigh before we walk into my apartment together.

We walk into the extra bedroom that was supposed to be Emma's but she always slept with me even when she wasn't scared. "Here you go." I say as he looks around his new room.

"Yeah I know, pink walls aren't very manly but this is all I have." I say and he chuckles bitterly. "this is great." he says before turning to me his messy black hair hanging down in his eyes that were filled with sorrow.

"Thank you." he says putting a hand out to shake mine. I smile and hesitantly shake his hand. Grabbing his hand felt like I was grabbing a piece of ice.

Once we let go of each other and he turns away I rub my hand on my jeans. "so uh, do you have any clothes or anything I can pick up?" I ask and he freezes in his place.

"Umm, actually yeah." he says before turning back to me a dark look in his eyes "at my house, I forgot something really special." he says and for some reason I get the feeling I'm going have to do something against the law.

"How may I help with that?" I ask nervously. "we need to sneak inside my house." he says and I gulp before nodding.

But just to be fair...

CALLED IT!

-•-•-

(A/N) Sorry, more Nico...

Silent readers DON'T be silent!
Go CRAZY in the comment section!

Vote🌊
.
.
.
Comment💚
.
.
.
Share🌊