Chapter 38: Sometimes You Gotta Fall Before You Fly

ANDY'S POV

I woke up and looked over to see Jackie wasn't in bed. Instead, there was a note on her pillow.

Andy,

I'm sorry. I couldn't stay here anymore, ruining your life. Go find a different girl, one who can actually give you a child. I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy. You don't have to be with me anymore. Don't worry about me, I'm safe. I'm staying with a friend. Move on with your life. Please forget about me. I will always love you.

Jackie

I fell to the floor and curled up in a ball, starting to sob. How could see think that I don't love her? How could she think that all of this is her fault? I need to get her back.

JACKIE'S POV

"Jackie?" My friend, Breanna asked as she opened her door.

"C-Can I stay with you for a while?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled, opening the door wider. I walked in and hugged her tightly. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Well, my boyfriend and I have had multiple miscarriages and he's just so unhappy that I want him to move on. To find someone else to give him the family he wants."

"Oh Jackie." She said, hugging me. "You can stay in the guest room." She said, leading me down the hall and opening a door. It was a pretty plain room. A bed with a dresser, a nightstand and a lamp. "I hope this is okay?"

"Of course it is." I smiled, walking in and putting my suitcase down.

"Okay, bathroom is down the hall. My room is just a little further down the hall if you ever need anything. Do you want some food?" I nodded and followed her to the kitchen. I sat at the table and she put two bowls on the table, filling them with spaghetti.

I started eating but felt like I had to throw up. I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom, dropping to my knees and spilling the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Breanna showed up by my side and held my hair back.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I-I'm fine. Probably just a little bug." I reassured her.

*Three Months Later*

Well, I'm still sick and I really hope it's not what I think it is.

"Jackie, I think I should take you to the hospital. It's been three months!" Breanna exclaimed.

"I don't need to go to the hospital." I said.

"Jackie. I'm serious!"

"So am I! I-I think I'm pregnant." I said, biting my lip.

"That's great!" She exclaimed, hugging me.

"No, no it's not." I said.

"Why not?"

"I can't carry a baby, I'll just have a miscarriage. I haven't talked to the father in three months. But, I'm having all the symptoms."

"Just go to the doctor Jackie." She begged. I sighed.

"Fine." I said.

***

I made an appointment for the next day and Breanna came with me.

"Jaquelin Ferguson?" I stood up and followed the nurse down the hallway, Breanna following me. The nurse led me to a room and I walked in, getting up on the table and laying down. Breanna sat in the chair next to me and held my hand.

"I'm so fucking nervous." I sighed.

"Everything's going to be fine." She said, rubbing my growing belly.

"Jackie, how nice to see you again." My doctor smiled. "And-"

"This is my best friend, Breanna."

"Oh, nice to meet you." She said, shaking Breanna's hand. "So, you think you're pregnant?" She asked and I nodded. "Let's take a look." She said, turning on the machine and squirting the gel onto my stomach.

She moved the transducer around my stomach, looking up at the screen.

"There's your baby." She said, pointing at the screen.

"Oh my god." I groaned.

"You are three months along."

"I don't want to miscarry again." I cried.

"Right now your baby is perfectly healthy. I want you to go home and stay off your feet as much as you can."

"Okay." I said, nodding.

"Have a good day." She smiled, leaving the room."

***************************************

She's pregnant! What do you think is going to happen?

Delusional_Fangirl gave me the idea

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER