chapter thirty three~ um...no

*Charlie's pov*
Meghan brings the food up for the twins and we let them eat it in their room. We sit on the edge of the bathtub in the kids bathroom.
"Wait why are we sitting here" she laughs and stands up.
"I don't know" I laugh. I wrap my arm around her waist and we walk downstairs. Brooklyn is sitting on the couch with her burrito.
"Chicken and black beans from chipotle" she says with her mouthful before Meghan can even ask.
"Ah" I laugh. She laughs too. Meghan staunters into the kitchen and looks at the calander tacked up next to the fridge.
"Hey, Brook, you have a doctors appointment tomorrow to check up on her" Meghan says.
"Kay" Brooklyn says through a mouthful of food as she rubbs her belly.
"Whats going on with those prenatle vitamins" Meghan asks sitting on my lap on the couch.
"Im almost out actually" she says, looking at us. "Can y'all get a room?"
"Brooklyn, we are grown ass adults and we can do as we please, in our house" I retort.
"But it's ew" she says, sipping her water.
"1) We're your parents 2) We aren't old 3) we love each other 4) your 16 and 5)-" Meghan is cut off.
"MAMA" Charlotte screams. Meghan looks at me with fear in her eyes and Brooklyn follows us quickly upstairs. Charlotte and Logan are backed into the corner. there is a man pointing a gun at them. Meghan screams. Brooklyn subconsiously moves behind me.
"Move and their tiny asses die" the man says. Brooklyn places her hands protectively over her stomach. "Yo, eggo my preggo, in the corner, now" he demands. Brooklyn shakily walks into the corner, one hand over her belly And the other pushing Logan and Charlotte behind her. They clutch onto her legs. Meghan reaches behind her slowly and grabs my hand.
"YO! MEG, BROOKLYN WHERE ARE Y'ALL" Saylor screams.
"Shit" Meghan mutters. Brooklyn looks at us with her light blue eyes.
"Mommy, was that Saylor" she asks. Meghan nods. She starts crying, rubbing circles on her stomach with her thumb. Saylor runs to the doorway.
"Oh my God" she shrieks, backing up.
"Corner now" he points the gun at her.
"Oh Shit" she says and walks to the corner with her hands up in surrender. She stands semi in front of Brooklyn's stomach.
"Wh-what do you want" I ask, squeezing Meghan's hand.
"Oh Meggy dearest, dont you remember" he asks, turning to face us. Meghan collapses in my arms and she screams.
"Nathan" she says venomously.
"Ah, there's the bright eyes I know and love" he Snickers.
"Please, don't hurt my family" she pleads.
"Oh, all I want is to talk to you alone" he smirks. Meghan looks back at me, fear filling her normally bright green eyes. She looks like an angel. I give a slight nod. She tentively walks forward. He puts the gun in the waistband of his pants. "Trainor first, then the little ones. Preggos last" he sneers. Saylor walks calmly over to me, even though I can tell she's scared to death. I hug her tightly. She sniffles.
"Cmere babies" I say and crouch down. Logan runs to me, crying. "Shhh, it's okay buddy. Its okay" I sooth. "Cece, cmon baby" I say. She shakes her head.
"Mama" she whines, tears still falling. Nathan has Meghan's arm twisted around behind her. Meghan looks up at him, pleading.
"Okay fine" he says and drops her arm. She crouches and Charlotte barrels into her arms, crying and shaking.
"Its okay baby, mama's here. It's okay now" she whispers and strokes her now blonde ringlets. Charlotte hugs her tightly around the neck and holds tightly to a strand of Meghan's hair. Brooklyn walks towards me.
"Stop" Nathan orders. She stops abruptly and turns to face him, protectively placing her hands over her pink camosile tank top. His eyes are locked on her stomach. Mine are too and I see a tiny ripple. She looks down in surprise, her long brown hair falling over her shoulders in a silky curled curtian. She reaches down and tugs her storts, pulling them down. Her hands return to her belly and Meghan gives me a worried glance.
"How far along" he asks.
"F-four months" she says, trying to stay calm. She is shivering, even in the 80 degree summer heat.
"Girl or boy" he asks again.
"Girl."
"Oh, that's nice. What are you planning to name her?"
"Scarlet. What is this? 20 questions?"
"Go" he barks, gesturing with the gun. She quickly comes over to me and I hug her tightly. I hand off Logan to Saylor, giving him a quick kiss on his cheek.
"Lock yourselves in the music room" I order. They nod and go downstairs. Once I hear the door close I walk into the room fully. Charlotte is still shaking and Meghan is holding her in a death grip.
"Charlie" she whispers, her eyes wide with fear. Her hair lays on her shoulders, and one piece is visibly misplaced, but that's because Cece is holding it. I reach out and give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.
"Nathan, I don't know what you want from my family-"
"I only want to speak to my high school lover" he smirks and drapes his arm around Meghan. She pushes him off.
"You we're obsessed with me. Do you know what a restraining order is" she asks.
"Yeah, how could I not after you took out three on me" he says sarcastically.
"Well, I don't know? Maybe because you broke. All. Of. Them. I had to fucking move" she says, every word dripping with sarcasm.
"Can we talk alone now" he asks. Meghan nods.
"Cece, go with daddy, baby" Meghan coaxes.
"No" she whines.
"Charlotte, go with daddy" Meghan tries again. Charlotte shakes her head. Meghan looks at me.
"Bring her" Nathan orders. Meghan takes a deep breath and steps into the bathroom with him. I go into the hallway and wait.

*meghans pov*

I sit on the counter with Charlotte in my arms and Nathan sitting on the edge of the bathtub.
"So Meghan, I've been thinking about you a lot lately" he says, standing up and coming over to me. He traces my jaw and I slap his hand away.
"Here's a tip: do that again if you hate your left hand" I spit.
"I see your attitude hasn't changed" he growls.
"What is it exactly you've been thinking about" I ask, placing one of my hands protectively over the back of Charlotte's head.
"I've been wondering why you never liked me back" he asks, fake hurt dripping from his tone.
"Oh, maybe because you stalked me, obsessed over me and hovers over me like I was a fucking spider" I scream. Charlotte looks up at me and I kiss her forehead. "Plus, I assume you still have that shrine" I say, dropping my voice.
"Ah, you assume correct. I love you Meghan" he whispers close to my ear. I shivver, disgusted.
"I'm happily married" I say, are adjusting Charlotte so she is sitting on my lap. He looks down at her and smiles, caressing her cheek. I kick his leg, going into full force mama bear mode. "Don't you ever fucking touch her again" I snap. I slowly get up and sit on the edge of the bathtub, setting a now sleeping Charlotte in the tub, covering her with a plush towel. I sit on the edge.
"Well, well. If there's one thing you do good it's being a mother" he sneers. I look down at my sleeping daughter, the one I almost lost twice.
"Yeah" I say, barely above a whisper.
"Too bad" he says. My stomach drops and I place a protective hand over Charlotte.
"Um...no. what do you mean" I ask, picking up Charlotte and holding her close. He steps over and prys Cece from my arms, setting her gently on the counter. He shoves a rag into my mouth, tying my hands and feet together. I scream.
"Its a shame really, that it has to come to this. But if I can't have my queen, I'll have my princess" he says, looking at my daughter in a way that makes me want to barf.
"Nuh! Nuh. Mahlie" I say into the cloth. I wriggle off the tub and start kicking the door. "MAHLIE MAHLIE" I screech. The door bangs.
"So sorry, darling. Tata" he says and slips out the window with Charlotte. I scream. "Oops, I forgot something" he Snickers and something hits the back of my head. My world fades out. I regain my consciousness and it takes me a few seconds to remember everything. My skull is pounding but I can't stop kicking the door. I need to find my baby. Charlie breaks the door down and unties me, hugging me tightly and kissing me.
"Are you okay" he asks, smoothing my hair.
"Yeah yeah. Charlie, he took Cece" I say, my words sounding a little sluggish.
"What do you mean" he asks.
"He. Took. Charlotte!"