chapter thirty- snapchat tho

*meghans pov*

I take a video of Logan and Charlotte toddding around. Snapchat tho. I set my phone on the counter and crouch down, holding my arms open to them. The crash into them and I stand up, twirling them around and showering them in kisses.
"God, just leave me alone" Brooklyn screams as she storms upstairs.
"Brook" Jason says, impatiently.
"Jase, wassup" I say, letting Charlotte and Logan sit on the counter as I get them some strawberries to snack on.
"Hey, Meghan" he says, ploping down behind Logan.
"What is it this time" I ask.
"She's a sixteen year old girl, and I am a sixteen year old boy who still likes to hang out with his sister on Saturday, excuse me" he huffs, stealing a strawberry from my hand.
"I hope these two are like that, they are pretty inseparable" I say, nodding my head to the twins. Charlotte gives me a dimpled smile with her baby teeth. I smile back and kiss her red hair. Just like me, red head until I was four. Logan is Charlie's identical twin. Brooklyn us the perfect mix of each of us, like we split our DNA evenly three ways. Logan swings his feet back and forth off the counter.
"Hun, be careful. Don't fall, okay" I warn him, handing him a small plastic cup of Cheerios. He nods.
"Yes mommy" he giggles and I hug him. My sweet baby boy. I take the waffles out of the freezer and pop four into the toaster. I put two on a napkin and call for Charlie.
"Thank ya" he says. I laugh.
"JASE IF I COME DOWN THERE AND YOU ARE STILL HERE YOUR DEAD" Brooklyn screams. He sighs and starts for the door. I stop him.
"I got Chu" I say. He chuckles and I walk up to Brooklyn's room.
"Hey" she says, laying on her back, staring at her cealing.
"Hun, you love him, don't you" I ask, laying next to her, staring at he spray painted eiffle tower on her cealing. She's an extreme artist. We gave her the garage.
"Absoloutly" she says.
"B, he's not gonna wait around forever" I say, turning my head to look at her. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.
"I know" she sighs and rolls off the bed, landing hard on the floor.
"Let me guess 'shouldnt have done that' " I ask.
"Yeah" she groans and pushes herself up. I get up too, sliding down the banister after Brooklyn. Its an unspoken rule in this house that the only people going down the stairs on the stairs, are under five. I'll go down too, if I'm with the twins. Charlotte and Logan's rooms are connected by a bathroom. Our room is next to Charlotte's, and directly across the hall from Brooklyn's. I go back into the kitchen, where Logan is just finishing his Cheerios and Charlotte is taking- stealing - a bite of my waffle.
"Hey, stinker" I say. She smiles and starts laughing. "Careful" I say as she swallows.
"Mama, can we go swimming" she asks. I sweep her smooth red hair out of her face.
"Honey, it's October. No" I say with a slight laugh at the end. She pouts.
"Why not" she asks, looking at me with sad blue eyes.
"Char," I say. We call her char, but we pronounce it 'shar' as not to get confused with my oh so wonderful husband. "Its like fourty degrees" I say.
"Thats not cold" she sasses back, standing on the counter so we are eye to eye and puts her hands on her hips.
"Oh really" I ask, copying her gesture. She is a handful. I don't know why she is so extremely bossy, she's the middle child. I pick her up off the counter and tale her outside. She is hugging my neck and shivering against the cold, even though she is wearing a long sleeve shirt and leggings. I kneel down by the pool. She sticks her hand in, retracting it immediately. "What did I tell you" I ask, wiping her hand on my shirt before heading back inside.
"Sowwee" she says.
"Its okay baby" I say and kiss the top of her head, setting her on the counter again I grew put of my red hair when I was five. I assume she will too. I watch Brooklyn and Jase go, and then help the twins off the counter. I let them walk around and I go to Charlie. He sits with the guitar, trying to figure something out and getting clearly frustrated.
"Hey" I say, looking at the debris field of crumpled paper around the writing desk.
"I can't figure out a good melodie for this" he says, crumpling another piece of paper.
"What about this" I say after reading the lyrics, grabbing the guitar and strumming out a few chords.
"Meg, your a genius" he says and kisses me. I kiss him back and walk into the kitchen, thinking of dinner. I could make pasta, yeah. I take out a pot and fill it with water. I let it boil. After I dump the noodles in, I set a timer on my phone. I plop down on the couch and then turn on the tv, watching real housewives of orange county. Charlotte crawls into my lap and curls into a ball. I stroke her red hair and she falls asleep. My timer goes off and I set Charlotte against a pillow and strain the noodles. I put a small amount in plastic bowls for the twins and normal amounts for Charlie, Brooklyn and I. I know Charlotte hates spaghetti sauce so I don't put any on hers and set it in front of her booster chair that is next to me. Logan's is next to Charlie's. Brooklyn sits across from us. The door opens and Brooklyn trudges in.
"Hey" I say, setting her bowl down with a fork.
"Yo" she says, dropping her bag on the floor and sitting at her spot. Charlie comes in and I strap Logan in. I go over to the couch and shake Charlotte awake.
"Time for dinner, honey" I whisper while stroking her hair.
"Mmm" she grumbles and looks up at me.
"Your favorite" I say, trying to get her up.
"Pasketie" she asks, sitting up. I nod. She holds her arms out for me to take her and I do, strapping her into her booster seat. We start eating, Charlie and I carrying on most of the conversation with the twins piping in here or there. Brooklyn just stares down at her bowl, moving the noodles around with her fork. When the twins are done I turn to Charlie.
"Babe, why don't you give them a bath and get them ready for bed. Ill come up in a minute and sing with you" I say, shifting my eyes from Charlie's to Brooklyn. He nods.
"Alrighty kiddos, bath time" he says and runs after Charlotte and Logan up the stairs. I shift to get closer to Brooklyn.
"B, what's wrong" I ask, gently touching her arm. She shakes her head and wipes away a tear.
"Nothing" she sniffles, pushing herself up and throwing her uneaten dinner away, then putting her bowl in the dishwasher. I watch her walk upstairs and I follow, going into the bathroom and helping Charlie dress the twins in pajamas. We sing them to sleep by singing some of our slow songs and carry them to their beds. I kiss Charlotte on the head then take Logan into his room and lay him in his bed, kissing him on the forehead and pushing his hair out of his face, before flicking on his train night light. I close his door with a soft click and meet Charlie in the hallway. I change into my pajamas, long loose cotton pants and a black long sleeve shirt. Charlie wears his boxers and a tee shirt. I miss him and go into Brooklyn's room.
"Time for bed kiddo" I say. I look at her and she is staring up at her ceiling crying, with her hands neatly folded on top of her stomach. I close her door and sit on the edge of her bed. She sits up and pulls her knees to her chest, avoiding eye contact. "Brooklyn" I warn. She shakes her head.
"It was one time" she says.
"What was" I ask, getting a bad feeling in my stomach.
"Mommy" she says and looks at me. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. "I'm having a baby" she whispers and starts sobbing.