Chapter seven- feverish and depressed

*charlies pov*
Fuck! Those bastards towed the car. I call my sister. She has picked us up, and we are back to my apartment in twenty minutes. I thank her and Meghan and I snuggle on the couch. It started raining and we had to stand in the rain for half an hour. I tried to cover Meghan with my jacket, but she wasn't having it. I rest my cheek on her forehead and get burned. She's sick.
"Hun, you have a fever" I say and look at her. She is trying to stay awake but it's impossible.
"Sorry" she mumbles and I let her stretch out on the couch. I pull a blanket over her and go into the kitchen. I make chicken noodle soup and take her some in a bowl with a bottle of water. She looks so peaceful and I really hate to wake her, but she has to get some liquid in her system.
"Meg. Cmon, I made you soup" I whisper. She groans and opens her eyes, grabs the soup and eats it all. She takes a few sips from her bottle of water and I grab a pillow from my bed and slide it underneath her head. She shifts and lays on her side. I rub her back and move the coffee table to the corner of the room. I grab a pillow and blanket from my room and make a small bed on the floor by Meghan. Her phone rings. She answers it with her eyes closed.
"Fuck off" she mutters sleepily into the receiver and then hangs up. She is absolute perfection. God, I'm so lucky. I scroll through my social media until I get tired too, then I fall asleep, around 10 pm. When I wake up Meghan is whining my name.
"Char, I feel Like shit" she mumbles and looks at me. I brush her beautiful golden hair away from her face.
"I know angel, I know" I coo to her. She smiles and falls back asleep. She doesn't talk the rest of the day, just moans and whines. I don't mind, I love taking care of my baby.

*meghans pov*

God, I feel like legit dog shit! God damn fever. Charlie made me soup! He is suck a fucking sweetheart. I'm so lucky. I hope he feels the same way.
"Char, I feel like shit" I mumble and look at him. He brushes my hair away from my face.
"I know angel, I know" he says softly. I moan and fall back asleep. My sleep is, for once, dreamless.

-when Meghan wakes up-

Finally I wake up and I feel less like complete dog shit. I pop and Advil into my mouth because my head hurts like a mofo. I sit up and stretch. I get into the shower and quickly wash myself. I put on my favorite footie pajamas and sit Indian style on the couch. I grab my journal from my purse and start jotting down lines to add to songs later.

When your feeling blue, sing a simple song and I'll sing with you

I wanna be, oh I wanna be free to fly free to fly
That's as far as I get because Charlie wakes up.
"Morning sleeping beauty" he says and kisses my forehead. A displeased look spreads across his fade. "Your still warm" he pouts.
"So what it's obviously not as bad" I whine. He hugs me and goes into the bathroom. I grab my ukulele and strum out a melody. Charlie's song. I start adding lyrics and pretty soon I have a whole song. God damn he takes long showers. I look at my ukulele when I play it to make sure my fingers are on the right strings. He sits next to me and I look up at him without lifting my head. He brushes my curtain of hair behind my ear.
"Watcha doin" he asks.
"Stuff" I mumble and turn to face him. "I wrote this for you" I say. He smiles. I begin to play and sing. (A/n the song is the one I attached)

He smiles.
"God, I really don't know what I would do without you." He hugs me to him and I set my ukulele down.
"It would hurt like hell" I whisper. He nods.
"For a really long time" he adds. I perk up and grab my journal. I start writing.

The pain is the worst part
Knowing what it could have become
We never had a chance to live
Taken to soon from each other

It's gonna hurt
For a while
But then we will begin to move
On, oh baby

Whenever I hurt I turned to you
But now I'm hurting because of you
We never had a chance at life
They said we were
To young to understand
We should have listened

It's gonna hurt
for a while
But then we will begin to move
On, oh baby

Should have listened
Should have cared
To young to care
Blindsided by love

Oh baby, it's gonna hurt for a while
But then we will begin to move
On, oh baby

I close my journal and hug Charlie. I still feel crappy so we kind of just stay inside.
-the next day-

I wake up and Charlie is on his phone. My phone rings. It's a call from my friend Kyle.
"Hey" I say
"Hi Meghan. I just wanted to wish you congratulations" Kyle says.
"Oh thank you."
"Good luck" he says.
"Thanks babe" I say and hang up. Fucking hell! Did I just call Kyle babe. Fuck I'm in a deep shit hole here people. Charlie looks at me.
"Who the fuck was that, Meghan" he asks seriously.
"Charlie I can explain I-" I am cut off. Fuck. This is it, the end of Marlie. I hope to god it isn't. I cannot live without Mr. Charlie Puth.
"No. Meghan I want you out of my house now." Tears spill down my face.
"I'm sorry" I whisper.
"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry If I ruined your life." He opens the door and ushers me out. He slams the door in my face. I huge sob shakes my body as I stand in the hallway outside his apartment.
"Charlie" I sob. "Please, please" I cry. He doesn't answer. I start walking, good thing my house is only three blocks away. I pull my good over my head and put sunglasses on. I don't want to be noticed. I open my door and lock it. I slide my back against the wall and sob. Finally when I fall asleep, I have the same dream about Charlie as I did the first night. I wake up crying. "God damn love. FUCK YOU!" I scream as the tears pour down my face. I drag myself to my bedroom. His clothes are still here. I need to be comforted so I grab one of his tee shirts and hug it. I fall asleep on the floor in the middle of the living room. When I wake up my ukulele is on my kitchen counter.