Best Friend.....Her

Chapter 22

Ari's POV.....

Have you ever felt so empty inside that you wandered around aimlessly until you lose focus where you are. That's what happened to me. I was livid after leaving Gabby's house because for some weird reason she reminded me of Gabe. And when she said those things to me it felt as if Gabe was telling me it himself.

I remembered a song that always eased my spirit. It calmed me down and made me mellow whenever I couldn't keep my emotions under control.

One day, when the glory comes
It will be ours....

I knew what the song was originally for, but I couldn't help the tranquil feeling that overcame me when I sang it. It gave me hope that even if everything in the world seems wrong and unjust, I will still come out on top. I will be strong. Tears began to cascade  from my red puffy eyes down my smooth carmel face.

It was time for the rap piece and I began to pour out the words that expressed my true feelings. But this was different, it wasn't said as a rap, but as a poem. The song itself was long forgotten as the words effortlessly escaped my lips in a pleading demand.

Guns and violence is life that I knew
Living in a world
Where my body is like a weapon.
Fighting for control
Fighting to live
But sometimes I don't know
I'm scared to live
But happy to die
Sometimes I wonder why I didn't end it all the first time.

I was officially broken. I didn't lie when I said that he was born with my heart, but now that he already crushed it I'm like a shell, hallow and empty. As I wandered the streets, I realised I left very sudden from my family and I think they deserve an explanation. I reached for my cell and phoned my mother.

She answered on the first ring ohh oohh, every child knows that's not a good sign. "Arianne Destiny Cooper, where the hell are you?!" She shouted in my ear through the phone.

"Mom I -" I couldn't even finish my sentence because she cut me off.

"Don't you Mom me." She seethed. "Get your black behind home now, before I get real mad." She threatened as if she's not already mad.

"Mom-" I began but she cut me off again.

"With all that's going on you wander off. Are you dumb?" She asked angrily.

"No, I think it's you that's dumb mother. And if you want to know what's wrong ask Gabe. Ask him why he played his best friend! Ask him why he used me! Ask him why he made sure he was my first kiss and first love, when he knew he was gay!" I shouted through the phone at my mother. "Ask him mommy.... why he broke my heart." I broke down finally crying in the end.

"Ohh baby.." Mom soothed or so I thought. "Get my gun, tell Gabe he bout to go bye bye." She said sinisterly to someone, I'm assuming my dad.

"Why hun?" Dad asked seriously because mom only pulls out her gun when someone goes "bye bye" as she puts it.

"He did what!" Dad asked and he anger was so strong in his voice that I flinched. "Hun we don't need your gun. I'm calling the old squad, this punk ga die but our way." I already see the sickly smile on his face now.