Chapter 37 : Unlock

"Hyunnie, Yoona is really sorry. Give her a chance?" Seohyun's mother knocked at the locked Seohyun's room.

"Stay out of it, Mom!" the owner of the room said.

Seohyun's Mother sighed, "she could be a real baby. I'm sorry."

Yoona smiled wryly, "it's fine. It's my fault."

"Let me make you a hot chocolate. It could be a while to persuade her. Good luck," the woman tapped Yoona's shoulder before went into the kitchen.

"Thank you," Yoona bowed.

She looked to the closed door. "Hyunnie?"

No answer.

"Listen," Yoona curled her lips, "I'm really sorry for not calling you. I had something to do that day."

No sound from the room.

"But I'm back and I won't be gone again," Yoona chirped, "so can you come out? Because I miss you so much."

Yoona pressed her forehead to the door, still no sound from the other side of it.

Yoona sighed.

A voice from the TV came to her ears. It was coming from the dining room.

"We were not sure of what happened but armed squad has been placed all over Seoul. They made barrier about a mile from their position and made a
terrible traffic jam."

Yoona raised her head and she walked to the dining room to see the news. Seohyun's father was turning up the volume.

"We spotted ten army pockets all around Seoul. All of them are fully armed. The head of the police would not say anything regarding this matter as now
airplanes is prohibited to fly over Seoul area. Commercial planes are asked to take a short detour to another airport."

"What is happening out there?" Seohyun's Father said, "it's like we're at war. Good thing we live in the city sides. It's peaceful here."

Yoona walked fast to the living room and grabbed her coat. Something must've happened. She needed to know what.

"Unnie."

Yoona stopped and turned around. Seohyun was standing in front of her with Keroro doll in her hand.

"You're going again?"

Yoona bit her lower lip.

"You just said you won't go anymore and now you're leaving?"

"Hyunnie."

Seohyun nodded, "I'm being selfish," she said, "you can do whatever you want. Who am I to stop you?" she smiled sadly.

Yoona felt like her heart stopped.

"I'm sorry. I just," Seohyun's eyes sparkled with tears, "I just like you so much that it hurts sometime when I don't hear from you or I don't know
what's going on in your head."

She wiped her tears with her palm, "but it's okay. I'm being so so selfish. I'm sorry."

Seohyun turned around and walked to her room. A hand slipped around her waist and a pair of lips kissed the back of her head.

"I'm not going," Yoona said, "I'll stay with you."

Seohyun dropped to her knees and sobbed.

"Hey, hey," Yoona panicked, "don't cry like that. You're father is in the next room, he'll mad at me if he sees this."

"I hate you!" Seohyun said, "how can you make me sad and happy at the same time?"

Yoona whispered, "because I love you," and her face exploded in red.

Seohyun cried harder.

"Yoona-ssi."

Yoona turned around and saw Seohyun's father crossing his arms, "what did you do now?"

Yoona got herself in trouble.

**
Hyoyeon stopped the car and quickly jumped down from it. Sooyoung followed her and they were in awe. The church was covered with a huge flame.

There were about eight to ten agents on the ground, grunting in pain.

"What the--?"

"Taeyeon's doing all this?" Hyoyeon walked closer to the flame.

"Hyo! Careful!" Sooyoung shouted.

Hyoyeon felt the heat almost burn her face.

"What is happening?" Sooyoung asked herself.

"Go get Seunghyun-oppa to call on the firefighters! We need to keep the fire away from the rest of the building!" Hyoyeon shouted.

People from the neighbourhood started to gather, some with cameras in their hands.

"We need to get these people out of here," Hyoyeon thought hard, "call on Sunny and tell her to make a mile evac around this church! Don't let anyone
see this!"

"Okay!" Sooyoung reached cellphone, "what are you going to do?"

"Wait here," Hyoyeon ran to her car and started it. She reversed the car a few feet before she stepped on the gas at the flame direction.

"Hyoyeon!" Sooyoung screamed.

Hyoyeon drove through the blazing flame. The front glass cracked as it passed. Hyoyeon closed her eyes when the heat of the flame burnt her face. Her
car screeched and slammed at the church stairs.

Hyoyeon jumped down and then threw away her coat, trying to cool her body down with the winter air. She pulled her gun and walked up the stairs. The
ground was shaking.

Hyoyeon pushed the church door open and huge wind blew her away. She grabbed on to the wall and made her way inside.

The church was in chaos. The floor cracked everywhere and even the walls. Further inside, Hyoyeon could see Tiffany, Yuri and Jessica. But what she
was scared of Taeyeon, she was standing in front of them, her eyes were shining bright blue. She was the one controlling the chaos.

**

Tiffany felt the wind and the heat of the fire were excruciating, she couldn't breathe and she could barely open her eyes. But she was walking, strongly
toward Taeyeon.

Jessica held her breath. There's no way she'd do that. Oh, God, don't let her do that!

Tears rushed down from Tiffany's eyes again, blurred her visions but she kept on going.

"Damn it, Taengoo!" Yuri cursed.

A huge wind blew her back again but she endured it. She took another step forward, and another and another, until she stopped so close to Taeyeon.

"Taetae-ah," she said, fighting her tears inside.

Taeyeon eyes were blue, bright blue. The figure stood in front Tiffany was no longer Taeyeon.

Tiffany clenched her teeth, "Taetae-ah."

Then a tear escaped from Taeyeon's eye. The tear fell to the floor. She was asking for help. Her whole life, Tiffany never saw Taeyeon had asked for
neither help nor cried. She had never ever showed anyone nothing but smiles. She would run to her room to cry or to the sky. Never had she wanted to
show her weakness, her fears or her worries to anyone. That was how she was, a truly great person.

Now, Taeyeon had asked Tiffany for help, a favour to rescue her from herself.

Tiffany raised her key necklace, held it tight between her fingers. Each time the key got closer, her heart felt a little heavier and heavier.

Tiffany put the key inside Taeyeon's padlock necklace and held it with trembling fingers. She cried even harder.

"I love you too," Tiffany whispered.

Then she turned the key.

**

Taeyeon was lying down on Tiffany's lap. They were at the gazebo, enjoying the warm morning sun. Taeyeon was drifting off to sleep. She loves
moments like this.

A tear dropped to her cheek. Taeyeon looked up and found Tiffany was crying.

"Hey, hey, hey," Taeyeon sat up, "what happened?"

Tiffany wiped her tears, "no," she said between her sobs, "it's nothing."

Taeyeon hugged Tiffany, "no, no, you're not the one who cries this easily for no reason. What happened?"

But Tiffany cried harder so Taeyeon whispered in her ears, she sang a song for her. The voice that serenaded Tiffany made her soul feel at ease. It was
like magic words. Tiffany smiled.

"Stop crying, okay?"

Tiffany cackled and then she smiled. Taeyeon wiped the tears off of Tiffany's face, "now will you tell me what happened?"

Tiffany shook her head. "No."

"Hey!" Taeyeon pouted, "I even sang for you."

Tiffany laughed a bit, "you'll be angry if I tell you the reason."

"No, I won't. Tell me."

"It's the necklace."

Taeyeon's face turned sour, "you're right. I hate it," she turned away.

"Taetae," Tiffany smiled, "come on. You just said you won't get mad."

Taeyeon didn't respond.

"I'm just want to say I'm sorry that--."

"No," Taeyeon looked at Tiffany's face with a stern look, "there is nothing to be forgiven about, Fany."

"You keep saying that, but I--."

"If," Taeyeon glared at Tiffany, "if there is a snow storm and you have only one blanket to keep you warm. And then I came along half dead by cold,
what would you do?"

"I'll share it, no, I'll give it to you right away!"

"Exactly," Taeyeon said as she turned away again, "I swear, if you bring this up one more time, I will hate you for the rest of my life."

**

The ground stopped shaking, the flame subsided and the wind settled.

Tiffany dropped to her knees, her hands on her lap, crying. Taeyeon who was standing in front of Tiffany, had gone, her body turned to small flickering
lights. There were so many of them, like hundreds of fireflies. Slowly, the lights faded and left the church in complete darkness again.

Tiffany clenched her fists. Her heart ached so much. She bit her lower lips to ease the pain but it was too painful. Her lip bled and blood dropped along
with her tears to the back of her hand.

Taeyeon was smiling till the end, showing no fear till the end.

"Taetae."

Tiffany whispered to herself.

The sun started to rise, sending a weak pale orange light from the cracks on the ceiling, giving the church a peaceful feeling.

Jessica hugged her own knees and cried.

Tiffany could no longer hold her pain. She roared to the dawning sky, calling Taeyeon's name over and over again.

Yuri slowly walked toward Tiffany and hugged her from behind. Yuri cried with her for that was the only thing she could do. Her heart ached even more
when Tiffany screamed at the top of her lungs, calling Taeyeon back.

But no one answered.

Taeyeon had gone forever.