Chapter 22 : Collateral Damage

Seohyun closed her eyes when she heard thunder. She was sitting on the kitchen at the orphanage after school.

"You okay, Hyunnie?" asked Mother.

Seohyun nodded, "I'm fine."

"You want some toast?" Mother handed Seohyun a plate of toast bread.

"Thanks," Seohyun took the bread.

"I don't see Yoona lately, she didn't come yesterday and I'm guessing she won't come today either?"

Seohyun frowned, "actually I haven't been able to reach her either."

"Did something happen?"

Seohyun shook her head, "I don't know too, Mother."

Mother smiled and patted Seohyun on her head. Seohyun closed her eyes again when she heard another thunder.

"What is wrong with the sky today? It's not even cloudy," she said.

**

Jessica landed on the prairie behind the gazebo, sloppily. She walked to the gazebo, across the flower garden. Taeyeon was crouching in front of a rose

with her gloves and specs on. Jessica waved at her and Taeyeon nodded back. She went inside the kitchen and she found Yuri was making her ma juice.

This is it.

Jessica touched her wrist, she wore the bracelet Yuri gave her. She confidently came closer and took a deep breath before apologizing.

Yuri turned around and her eyes met Jessica's.

"Ah, you're back. Where were you?" she asked, coldly.

"I, um? nowhere," Jessica stuttered.

Yuri put down her juice glass and leaned to the kitchen counter. "Look, Jessica? I heard from Eeteuk-oppa. You are worried about the orphanage so you

keep going there every day, right?"

Jessica buried her intention to apologize, she hated the tone Yuri was using.

"So what if I am? They are my family, it's only natural that I look after them," Jessica crossed her arms, which Yuri found annoying.

"It's dangerous out there, Jessica. You shouldn't be going out by yourself. What if the organization finds you and?."

"They won't. I can take care of myself."

Yuri chuckled, "no, you can't. You're reckless, you can't even aim."

"What are you saying, Yuri?" Jessica raised her tone.

Yuri took a deep breath, "we are at war here, Jessica. We can't afford to lose you."

Jessica enraged, "cannot afford to lose me?" Jessica walked closer to Yuri, "are you saying that I am your property?"

Yuri didn't say a thing.

"We're at war, huh? So you're using me to win the war?" Jessica stormed out of the kitchen, "thanks a lot, Yuri."

Yuri left dumbfounded alone in the kitchen.

"That's really unlike you, Yuri? What happened?" Taeyeon tied her hair back and leaned on the door frame, looking straight to Yuri.

"Nothing happened."

"I can always read your mind but I prefer you telling me yourself," Taeyeon made a naughty smile.

Yuri sighed, "I just don't want to see her endangered herself anymore, that's it. Going back and forth to the orphanage is dangerous, she's exposing