Chapter 3 : Home and Family

The taxi carrying Jessica and Seohyun turned into a suburban, where traffic became lesser and lesser. Houses turned from the western style to the traditional

Korean houses with greater gaps between each of them.

Jessica closed her eyes to rest. Trying to remember what happened last night. She was walking home from her college alone and she met a guy. That guy was

scary. And then she remembered the sharp pain on her stomach. Next thing she remembered was the guy turned into flames and collapsed to the ground.

"I'm sorry it turned out this way," Eeteuk said.

That visions again, a different one. The rundown theatre and the guy named Eeteuk. He was going to kill her. She knew that much. But she wanted Yuri.

Jessica snapped her eyes open and took a deep breath.

"Who is she? Who is that guy?" Jessica pondered. Was it supposed to be her future?

The taxi crossed a small bridge where small river water runs beneath it.

"I thought you're taking me home," Jessica asked.

"I am? or do you no longer consider the orphanage as your house anymore, Unnie?" Seohyun looked to Jessica.

Jessica chuckled. She actually didn't care where Seohyun would take her.

The orphanage was home for Jessica for eighteen years before she decided to rent a small house for herself as she entered Seoul Art University. It has been

three years since she moved out. But she never missed every Sunday dinner at the orphanage.

"Mother is eager to talk to you, Unnie," Seohyun smiled at her own sarcasm.

Kim Hyunyoung owned the orphanage but her children called her Mother. Mother was a woman with a really short fuse, a very brilliant cook and an awesome

story teller. She hated the very idea of Jessica moving to her own house in the core of Seoul. But after long discussion with the girl, Mother caved in, she

nodded although didn't say she was okay with it.

The taxi crossed a small forest and stopped in front of a huge gate. A few meters behind the gate was a huge western looking house with a wooden porch.

There were two oak trees on each side of the house.

Jessica was about to take her wallet to pay the taxi driver when Seohyun stopped her. "On me."

Jessica just smiled and hopped off the taxi. She stood before the huge gate, looking at her childhood house. It was still as huge as ever.

Seohyun pushed the gate a little to make a crack and pulled Jessica in. They walked a few steps closer to the house. The same childhood wind blew Jessica's hair. She loved everything in here. Jessica took a moment watching the old oak tree.

Seohyun pressed the door bell and looked back to Jessica.

"You taught me how to climb trees, Unnie. Remember? You used to climb to the top and I can see your underwear from below."

"You pervert," Jessica chuckled.

The door cracked open and a woman with her curly hair pulled back peeked out.

"Hyunnie? Jessica!" she shouted and hugged Jessica.

"Mother," Jessica patted the woman's back.

"You okay? I heard you got stabbed? Are you okay? Let me see the wound," Mother started to touch Jessica's body, every inch of it. Litterally stripped Jessica